SanDisk Extreme 500 120GB Portable SSD
• 120GB portable solid state drive (SSD) that is perfect for on the go transferring of pictures or other files
• USB 3.0 connection with a read speed of 415MB/s and a write speed of 340MB/s for extremely quick data transfer
• Compact design for 11mm thickness and weight of just 78g, making it highly portable
• Operable in extreme temperatures and built to last, with resistance to shocks and vibrationsWhat is the benefit of using an SSD as portable storage?
If you are looking for a portable drive that you can use for quick file transfer, this SSD (Manufacturer’s Code: SDSSDEXT-120G-G25) would be a great choice for you. 120GB of storage provides you with the ability to store thousands of uncompressed RAW (24 bits per pixel) images, making this ideal for photographers and videographers.
Transferring big media files isn’t a problem for this SSD, as it boasts transfer speeds of 415MB/s (read) and 304MB/s (write). This is up to four times quicker than traditional hard drives, allowing you to spend more time taking the perfect shot and less time waiting for files to be transferred. There are no moving parts to break inside this SSD, making it more durable than most hard drives.
Why is this SSD labelled ‘extreme’?
The SanDisk Extreme 500 120GB portable SSD is remarkably robust drive. It is shock resistant up to 800G (at 0.5m/sec) and vibration resistant (5.35 gRMS, 20 to 2000 HZ). It can be stored in temperatures of between -20°C to 70°C, making it usable even in extreme climates. You can attach this SSD to your bag using the loop hole at the top of the device, so you needn’t to worry about it getting damaged while you’re on the move. SanDisk Secure Access can be set up, creating a password protected (128-bit AES encrypted) folder on your SSD so you can keep files protected from prying eyes.
Is it compatible with my computer?
The fantastic thing about this portable SSD is that it works with both PC and Mac computers (Mac OS 10.4 or older), with no needs for drivers at all. This makes it really easy to use, so you can start moving your files straight away.
|Drive Form Factor
|Sequential Read Speed
|Sequential Write Speed
Dimensions & Weight
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.