SanDisk Extreme 500 480GB USB 3 External Portable SSD
• 480GB portable solid state drive (SSD) offers a considerable amount of storage
• Powered by a USB 3.0 connection with a read speed of 430Mb/s and write speed of 400MB/s for incredibly fast data transfers
• Compact design – 11mm thick and weighs just 78g, making it highly portable
• Supplied with SanDisk SecureAccess encryption software to keep your files private
• Manufacturer part number: SDSSDEXT-480G-G25
• Operable in extreme temperatures and built to last, with resistance to shocks and vibrationsWhat is the benefit of using an SSD as portable storage?
If you’re looking for a portable drive that you can use for quick file transfers, this SSD would be a great choice for you. It boasts read and write transfer speeds of 430MB/s and 400MB/s respectively. This is up to four times quicker than a traditional 500GB portable hard drive, allowing you to spend more time taking the perfect shot and less time waiting for files to be transferred. There are no moving parts to break inside this SSD, making it more durable than most hard drives.
Why is this SSD labelled ‘extreme’?
The SanDisk Extreme 500 120GB portable SSD is a remarkably robust drive. It is shock resistant up to 800G (at 0.5m/sec) and vibration resistant (5.35 gRMS, 20 to 2000HZ). It can be stored in temperatures of between -20°C to 70°C, making it usable even in extreme climates. You can attach this SSD to your bag using the loop hole at the top of the device, so you needn’t worry about it getting damaged while you’re on the move. You can set up SanDisk’s SecureAccess encryption software to secure your files and folders with a password using 128-bit AES encryption, helping to keep your data safe from prying eyes.
Is it compatible with my computer?
The fantastic thing about this portable SSD is that it works with both PC and Mac computers (Mac OS X 10.4 or older), with no need for drivers at all. This makes the SSD really easy to use, so you can start moving your files straight away.
| Dimensions (W x D x H)
|| 75.69 mm x 75.69 mm x 10.67 mm
| Connection type
|| USB 3.0
|| 480 GB
| Powered by
|| USB connection
| Backup options
|| Windows Vista or higher, Mac OS 10.4 or higher (for software)
| Drive form factor
| Sequential read speed
|| Up to 430 MB/s
| Sequential write speed
|| Up to 400 MB/s
| Drive spin speed
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.