• 1.92TB portable solid state drive (SSD) offers a vast amount of storage
• USB 3.1 (SuperSpeed+) connections can transfer up to two times faster than USB 3.0
• With backwards compatibility with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0 (via supplied cable)
• Up to 850MB/s read and write transfer speeds provides you with astonishingly fast data transfer times
• Supplied with SanDisk SecureAccess encryption software to keep your files private
• Manufacturer part number: SDSSDEX2-1T92-G25
• Shock and vibration resistant with aluminium and rubber exterior helps to keep your data safe
• Supplied with both a USB type-C to type-C and USB type-C to type-A cables to allow you to connect to a range of devicesWhy would I use a SSD as a portable drive?
This SanDisk Extreme 900 portable SSD is perfect if you’re looking for a portable high-speed storage device for high resolution pictures, videos and large files. It can achieve up to 850MB/s read and write transfer speeds, which equates to almost nine times the speed of a traditional 500GB external portable hard drive. Even some of your largest files will be moved in a matter of seconds.
Is my data safe on a portable SSD?
Enclosed in an aluminium and rubber housing and tested to be shock and vibration resistant, your data will be protected even during the event of an accidental drop. This SSD is shock resistant up to 800G and vibration resistant up to 5.35gRMS (50 to 2000Hz). The SSD can also be stored and used in extreme climates with temperatures between -20°C and 70°C. You can set up SanDisk’s SecureAccess encryption software to secure your files and folders with a password using 128-bit AES encryption, helping to keep your data safe from prying eyes.
What can I connect this SSD to?
This portable SSD is compatible with Windows and Mac computers with no drivers needed. It has a USB 3.1 type-C connection, which will futureproof you for the next generation of devices. In anticipation of these new devices, a USB type-C to type-C has been included. For those devices that still use a USB 3.0 or USB 2.0 connection, a USB type-C to type-A cable has also been supplied.