Seagate Backup Plus Hub 8TB External Desktop Hard Drive
• 8TB portable hard drive gives you a large storage capacity for all your documents, pictures and videos
• USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) connections can transfer up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0
• Twin front facing USB 3.0 ports provide extra functionality by allowing you to connect and charge external devices, such as smartphones
• Perfect for storing all your valuable documents and media
• Run a "one click" automatic backup of all your local, cloud and social media documents and files
• Functional on a windows based PC straight from the box, or install the provided NTFS driver for use with Mac OS
• Mains powered allows you to charge devices, even when your computer is switched off
• Small base footprint lets you store the hard drive vertically in numerous locations
• Manufacturer part number: STEL8000200
• Two-Year manufacturer warrantyHow much can I store on this drive?
The Seagate Backup Plus Hub external desktop hard drive has a capacity of 8TB. This allows you to store up to 133,280 hours of digital music, 2,560,000 digital photos, 8,000 hours of digital video or 2000 2-hour DVD quality movies.*
*Estimated values based upon standard file types, the number of higher quality images (HD, 4K) and media may vary across file type.
What can I use the featured USB ports for?
The Seagate Backup plus features two front facing USB 3.0 ports. These ports provide plug and play accessibility for external devices such as USB printers, Scanners, DVD drives. The ports can be used to connect and access portable USB powered hard disks. Additionally the ports can be used for a variety of portable smart devices such as phones or tablets as a convenient point of connection to retrieve, and back up information using the Seagate mobile app for iOS and Android devices. You can also charge compatible devices from the USB ports, even if your computer is in standby mode or completely off.
How can I back up my files with this drive?
The Seagate Backup Plus Hub features an easy to use, downloadable Seagate Dashboard software. This program gives you the tools needed to for local, cloud, mobile and social media backup. Automatically back up your files by using the "one-click" feature or create a schedule of backup plans. This gives you the peace of mind that all your important files are safely backed up and up to date.
| Connection Type
| Powered by
| USB Passthrough
|| 2 / USB 3.0
| Backup Options
|| Seagate dashboard / Mobile App for Andriod and iOS
|| Windows / OSX
| Drive Form Factor
|| 3.5 Inch
| Data Transfer Speed
|| Manufacturer not supplied
| Drive Spin Speed
|| Manufacturer not supplied
|| 118 mm
|| 41 mm
|| 198.1 mm
|| 1.06 kg
|| 2 Year
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.