Seagate Wireless 2TB Wireless Plus Portable Hard Drive
• 2TB portable hard drive provides you with a great amount of storage capacity for all your documents, pictures and videos
• Access and store files wirelessly from your computer and your phone or tablet via the dedicated app
• USB 3.0 included for a wired connection, giving you transfer speeds of up to 5Gb/s while the drive spins at 5,400rpm
• Save and backup images or videos from your smartphone or tablet to the Wireless Plus to save valuable memory
• Rechargeable lithium-ion battery enables you to continuously stream for up to 10 hours and leave it in standby for 25 hours
• Manufacturer part number: STCV2000200How much can I store on this hard drive?
The Seagate Wireless Plus allows you to access your stored files wirelessly as well as through a wired connection. This makes it ideal for when you are away and don’t have an internet connection to access your favourite TV shows or movies. 2TB of storage gives you space for up to 15.5 hours of 4K video at 30 fps, 66 hours of 1080p video at 30 fps, 500 two-hour DVD films, 640,000 digital pictures or 33,600 hours of digital films.
What is so special about this hard drive?
This hard drive creates its own Wi-Fi network, so you can access your files wirelessly or without the internet. Fitted with a rechargeable lithium-ion battery you can leave the hard drive on standby for 25 hours or use it continuously for up to 10 hours (for one user). You can connect up to seven devices to the Wireless Plus at one time. With a range of up to 45 metres, you can access your stored files from a good distance away.
A free Seagate Media app is available for Apple iOS and Android devices, so you can backup and store images or videos on the Wireless Plus. This frees up more valuable storage space on your smartphone or tablet. You can download movies and other files to your device, so you can enjoy it later when you aren’t connected to it. Being AirPlay and DLNA compatible allows you to stream to a bigger screen via AppleTV or a DLNA compatible device. Another great feature is that you don’t have to be disconnected from the internet to access the Wireless Plus, the Seagate Media app lets you connect to the internet, so you can stay connected to the web while enjoying your favourite show.
Does this still function as a normal portable hard drive?
The Seagate Wireless Plus is supplied with a USB 3.0 cable for charging and transferring data. This allows you to transfer and backup your documents, pictures and videos extremely quickly from your PC or laptop. This reduces the amount of time you spend waiting for your movies to transfer over before you set off on holiday.
| Specification table
|| 127 mm x 89 mm x 19.9 mm
| Connection Type
|| USB 3.0/Wi-Fi
|| 2 TB
| Powered by
|| Internal rechargeable battery / USB 5V
| Battery Life
|| Continuously streaming – 10 hours
|| Standby – 25 hours
| Backup Options
|| Windows and Mac OS X 10.6 or higher
| Drive Form Factor
|| 2.5 Inch
| Data Transfer Speed
|| Up to 5 Gb/s (USB 3.0)
|| Up to 480 Mb/s (USB 2.0)
| Drive Spin Speed
|| 5400 rpm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.