• Closed acoustic system provides fantastic isolation of noise
• Hidden high quality microphone supplies great call quality and clarity
• NoiseGard™ active noise cancellation
• TalkThrough function allows you to talk to people around you without removing the headphones
• Integrated track and volume controls conveniently situated on the headset
• Folding structure for superior storage and convenience
• Over-ear design for comfort and extra noise isolation
• Included aeroplane adapter for use in-flight
• Premium protective carry case includedWhat makes these MM550-Xs impeccable Bluetooth headphones?
These headphones have been designed from the ground up with high-quality Bluetooth audio in mind.
The closed acoustic system provides excellent passive noise isolation, as well as improving the perceived bass response of the headphones. Combined with NoiseGard™, this delivers unparalleled audio without unwanted ambient noise.
The TalkThrough function allows you to communicate with those around you, be it fellow passengers on a flight or stewards, by simply pressing a button. Pressing the TalkThrough button will activate an external microphone, feeding the outside world into your ears so you can chat without ever having to remove the headset.
Featuring the apt-X® codec, these headphones can connect to any Bluetooth enabled device and deliver 16-bit CD-quality audio, completely wirelessly. You'll be able to go about your commute or journey without ever having to worry about snagging or untangling cables - all while experiencing excellent quality audio.
Integrated into the MM550-Xs is an invisible high quality microphone, allowing you to take and make calls with ease. Also situated on the headset are track and call controls, for enhanced usability and convenience.
The folding and swivelling mechanisms enable the headset to fold up to a fraction of its former size, and included with your purchase is a premium carry case for storage.
How does the noise cancellation work?
NoiseGard™ is the name of the cancellation system included in these headphones. It was originally designed for use by pilots, who have a need for great sound quality and efficient reduction of ambient noise to concentrate on their work.
It works by using microphones to capture the sound signature of the noise in the area, then using this signature to generate a wave of the same amplitude but antiphase to the original. This new wave is played through the headphones into your ears, they cancel each other out - resulting in silence.
What about connectivity?
These headphones are Bluetooth enabled and also come with a standard 3.5mm jack cable, so you'll be able to connect these headphones for a huge variety of everyday devices. Also included is an in-flight adapter compatible with most commercial airlines, so you can enjoy the in-flight entertainment with ease.