• Audiophile sound quality on the go, no amp required
• NoiseGard™ 2.0 active noise cancellation ensures maximum ambient noise isolation (up to 90%)
• Comfortable, over-ear design for extended listening sessions
• TalkThrough technology allows you to communicate with those around you
• Volume and power controls situated conveniently on earpieces
• Includes in-flight adapter, perfect for long and short-haul flightsWhy are the PXC450s perfect for travelling and flying?
These headphones have been designed with travel and convenience in mind.
The over-ear design provides maximum comfort. With large earcups and a flexible, padded headband, you'll be able to listen to your music for hours on end without fear of ear fatigue or being uncomfortable.
This design combined with the active noise cancellation delivers exceptional audio quality and ambient noise reduction.
The TalkThrough function, with the button situated on the earpiece, turns off the noise cancellation momentarily so you can communicate with those around you.
The folding and rotating design enables the headphones to fold up to a fraction of their ordinary size, allowing you to stow them away in the included carry case for excellent portability and convenience.
Should the batteries run out, you will be able to continue using the headphones - just without noise cancellation.
How does the noise cancellation work?
NoiseGard™ is the name of the cancellation system included in these headphones. It was originally designed for use by pilots, who have a need for great sound quality and efficient reduction of ambient noise to concentrate on their work.
It works by using microphones to capture the sound signature of the noise in the area, then using this signature to generate a wave of the same amplitude but antiphase to the original. This new wave is played through the headphones into your ears, they cancel each other out - resulting in silence.
What devices can I connect to these headphones?
As they come with a standard 3.5mm jack connection, you can connect these headphones to a variety of everyday devices. Also included is an in-flight adapter, so you can use them on short and long-haul flights to remove unwanted engine and cabin noise.