SEP Geiger Counter
• Detect alpha., beta and gamma radiation with this Geiger counter
• Learn about background and manmade radiation
• Demonstrate GCSE radioactivity
• Suitable for children aged 11+ with supervision
• Required 1 x 9V battery (sold separately Order Code L46AL)What can the Geiger counter do?
Test radioactivity in different experiments and find out about the background radiation surrounding us. Hear alpha, beta and gamma radiation through the Geiger counter even record events. With its LCD display and audible clicks you will get a clear indication of activity. The counter is powered by a single 9V (PP3) battery sold separately Order CodeL46AL
. What can the Geiger counter teach us?
Radiation is all around us in the form of background radiation which is created naturally in the rocks and earth, but which also occurs due to fallout from nuclear accidents. Specific radiation can be generated by radioactive isotopes, medical equipment and nuclear power sources. The Geiger counter uses an integral Geiger-Muller (GM) tube to detect radioactive activity. This is a great device to demonstrate the basic properties of radiation from KS4.
| Number of included parts
| Number of models that can be made
| What can be made?
|| Geiger Counter
| Computer system requirements
| Age group, if specified
| Power supply requirements
|| 1 x 9 V (PP3) battery (not included)
|| 170 mm x 95 mm x 50mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.