SEP Spectroscope Kit
• Build a spectroscope for experiments and demonstrations
• Use a CD or DVD (CD supplied) instead of a prism to show Fraunhofer diffraction
• Learn about optics and demonstrate Fraunhofer lines
• The spectroscope come in a flat-pack with simple assembly
• Suitable for ages 11+ with adult supervisionWhat is in this kit?
Explore optics with a CD. This spectroscope is made from polypropylene and is supplied in a flat-pack form which takes about 30 seconds to assemble and comes with a CD for the experiment. Fold up the box then place a CD inside to use to split the light into a spectrum. Spectroscope traditionally use expensive prisms or specially made diffraction grating, but this spectroscope (manufactures code SEP 205A) uses a CD or DVD instead.
What can I learn with this kit?
Use the CD included to show how light diffracts. The spectroscope splits light using the CD into a spectrum different light sources and types will give different spectrum breakdowns. A Spectroscope splits light to show a spectrum how this looks will vary between different types and hues of light. Use different lights and see what differences it makes or use a DVD (not included) to increase the resolution. Suitable for ages 11 and over with adult supervision.
| Number of included parts
| Number of experiments that can be made
| What can be made?
| Computer system requirements
| Age group, if specified
| Power supply requirements
|| 120 mm x 90 mm x 40 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.