• Make a working wind turbine from this kit
• Experiment with the adjustable blades on this wind turbine with gearbox and DC outputs
• Learn about renewable wind power
• This wind turbine comes in 41 pieces with eight adjustable and removable blades
• Use to demonstrate KS2/3 wind power
• Suitable for ages 11+ with supervisionWhat is in this kit?
Investigate wind power with this wind turbine with adjustable blades. This wind turbine comes in a 41 piece kit and is fun and straightforward to assemble. The turbine blades are connected to a generator which produces a DC output which can be used to try to power a LED (not included) or measure using a multimeter (not included) The blades are easy to attach, remove and adjust to give you many variables to experiment with and see what gives you the most power.
What does this kit teach?
Learn about renewable wind power. Wind turbines are producing more and more electricity for homes, schools and businesses and are a clean reliable power source especially offshore windfarms. The turbine’s blades are rotated by the push of the wind against the blades so the position of the turbine as well as the pitch and orientation of the blades can affect how much power is generated. See how much power can be produce with different amounts of wind and with the blades at different pitches or a different number or orientation of blades