SEP Wind Turbine Unassembled Kit
• Make a working wind turbine from this kit
• Experiment with the adjustable blades on this wind turbine with gearbox and DC outputs
• Learn about renewable wind power
• This wind turbine comes in 41 pieces with eight adjustable and removable blades
• Use to demonstrate KS2/3 wind power
• Suitable for ages 11+ with supervisionWhat is in this kit?
Investigate wind power with this wind turbine with adjustable blades. This wind turbine comes in a 41 piece kit and is fun and straightforward to assemble. The turbine blades are connected to a generator which produces a DC output which can be used to try to power a LED (not included) or measure using a multimeter (not included) The blades are easy to attach, remove and adjust to give you many variables to experiment with and see what gives you the most power.
What does this kit teach?
Learn about renewable wind power. Wind turbines are producing more and more electricity for homes, schools and businesses and are a clean reliable power source especially offshore windfarms. The turbine’s blades are rotated by the push of the wind against the blades so the position of the turbine as well as the pitch and orientation of the blades can affect how much power is generated. See how much power can be produce with different amounts of wind and with the blades at different pitches or a different number or orientation of blades
| Number of included parts
| Number of models that can be made
| What can be made?
|| Wind turbine
| Computer system requirements
| Age group, if specified
| Power supply requirements
|| Generates own power
|| Fan diameter 310 mm
|| Post height 495 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.