Shark Audio/Visual Twin Screened Single Core Black (priced per metre)
• Reel Deal - Half price when bought as a full reel (See below)Although this coaxial cable is specifically designed for digital audio interconnects such as those used between DVD players and digital decoders for surround sound systems, it would be an excellent alternative to regular 75Ω coax where high signal quality is essential. The cable core is 0.5mm diameter OFC Copper plated in 80µin Silver. The Silver plating takes advantage of the phenomenon of "skin effect". "Skin effect" describes the tendency of ultrahigh frequencies to be conducted on the surface of the wire as opposed to through the wire’s total profile. The lower resistance of silver over copper ensures optimum transmission of theses ultrahigh frequencies. This core is covered with a PE insulation. The screen is Mylar/Aluminium covered with a tightly woven Pure Copper braid and the sheath is black PVC. Recommended connectors are the Shark 6mm High Performance Phonos L22BC.
Purchasing information and Reel deal
This product is sold in units of 1 metre, up to a maximum length in 1 piece of 50 metres. Orders placed for a quantity of 50 units, or multiples of 50 units will be supplied on a reel; otherwise the cable will be supplied cut to length.
| Overall cable diameter:
| Conductor resistance:
|| 70nF/km at 1KHz
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.