Stair Pressure Mat
• Covert pressure mat for stairs which detect when someone has walked over it, providing a great addition for a security system
• Four contact/wires that activates when someone over the weight of 25kg steps on to it
• IP 64 dustproof rated which ensures that the mat is not damaged and doesn’t lose effectiveness due to dustWhy would this pressure mat be a good addition to my security system?
The stair pressure mat is a perfect addition to a security system or used as a sensor for other operations. The pressure mat is of a standard stair step size and three millimetres thick, giving you a mat that will not only sense when there has been an intruder in the house but will also do so discreetly.What can I use the stair pressure mat for?
The mat activates an external alarm system when a weight of over 25kg has been applied to the surface of it. This means that if it is placed under carpet or rubberised matting the pressure mat would still be able detect a person walking over it. Furthermore the pressure mat has an environmental rating of IP64, which stops dust from getting into the mat and improves the longevity of it. This makes the pressure mat a versatile sensor that can be placed at various places around the home and not just under a stair step. What would I need to connect this up to a security system?
The best way to connect this up to your security system would be to run a four core alarm cable from the control panel (e.g. Order Code XR89W
) to the pressure mat. Then to adjoin the four core cable from the control panel to the cables from the mat with a junction box.
| Specification table
| Detection pressure
|| 25 kg
|| 4 wires
| Switch configuration
|| Normally open
| Environmental protection (IP rating)
|| IP 64 (not waterproof)
|| No - external
| Maximum voltage (DC)
|| 25 V
| Maximum current (DC)
|| 0.25 A
| Operating temperature
|| -10°C to 70°C
|| 595 mm x 170 mm x 3 mm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.