Tascam DP-008EX Digital 8 Track Multitrack Recorder
• Record on the go with this 16 bit 44.1 kHz WAV multichannel recorder
• Includes two built-in omni directional condenser microphones
• Record up to two tracks simultaneously and listen to up to eight tracks at the same time
• Record onto a SD or SDHC card up to 32 GB (4GB SD card supplied)
• Powers from four AA batteries for up to 6-7 hours playback or 5.5-6.5 hours recording
• 128 x 64 dot matrix LCD screen with backlighting
• Plug straight into your computer USB socket for easy transfers and backupsWhat can I do with the DR-008EX?
No matter where inspiration strikes, you can be prepared with this portable recorder. With built–in microphones and on-board SD card storage, you don’t need anything else to start recording and playing back on the go.
The recorder is powered by four AA batteries (included) and can record for up to 6.5 hours or offer playback for up to 7 hours. If your batteries run low, you can just replace them and keep on going – there’s no need to stop for charging. Once your initial recordings are finished, the DR-008EX comes with a multitude of options for effects and functions including two-band shelving EQ for each track, high and low range EQ, six levels of reverb, multi-band compressor, repeat playback and normaliser. To help you start on the right note, the DR-008EX also includes a chromatic tune and metronome.
What can I record with the DR-008EX?
Record using the two built-in omni-directional condenser microphones or plug in your guitar, external microphone or other line-level devices like a synthesizer. You can set the microphones to low or high sensitivity depending on your need, and use the jog wheel to find the area of the track you want quickly and easily. The recorder has two XLR inputs and two quarter-inch jack inputs and can record up to two tracks at the same time. Once you’ve recorded, you can listen to the playback from up to eight tracks through headphones or external speakers (not included) using the twin phono or 3.5 mm mini jack.
How can I transfer the files to my computer?
Transferring your finished tracks couldn’t be easier. The tracks are recorded in WAV format onto a SD card, which can be read through your SD reader. Alternatively, the recorder can be connected to your computer directly with the USB mini-B to USB lead. You can record your files as either mono or stereo, and the DR-008EX can backup and restore songs as well as undo/redo changes to tracks. This recorder is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8 and Mac OS v10.2, v10.3, v10.4, v10.5, v10.6.8 and v10.8.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.