• Record on the go with this 16 bit 44.1 kHz WAV multichannel recorder
• Includes two built-in omni directional condenser microphones
• Record up to two tracks simultaneously and listen to up to eight tracks at the same time
• Record onto a SD or SDHC card up to 32 GB (4GB SD card supplied)
• Powers from four AA batteries for up to 6-7 hours playback or 5.5-6.5 hours recording
• 128 x 64 dot matrix LCD screen with backlighting
• Plug straight into your computer USB socket for easy transfers and backupsWhat can I do with the DR-008EX?
No matter where inspiration strikes, you can be prepared with this portable recorder. With built–in microphones and on-board SD card storage, you don’t need anything else to start recording and playing back on the go.
The recorder is powered by four AA batteries (included) and can record for up to 6.5 hours or offer playback for up to 7 hours. If your batteries run low, you can just replace them and keep on going – there’s no need to stop for charging. Once your initial recordings are finished, the DR-008EX comes with a multitude of options for effects and functions including two-band shelving EQ for each track, high and low range EQ, six levels of reverb, multi-band compressor, repeat playback and normaliser. To help you start on the right note, the DR-008EX also includes a chromatic tune and metronome.
What can I record with the DR-008EX?
Record using the two built-in omni-directional condenser microphones or plug in your guitar, external microphone or other line-level devices like a synthesizer. You can set the microphones to low or high sensitivity depending on your need, and use the jog wheel to find the area of the track you want quickly and easily. The recorder has two XLR inputs and two quarter-inch jack inputs and can record up to two tracks at the same time. Once you’ve recorded, you can listen to the playback from up to eight tracks through headphones or external speakers (not included) using the twin phono or 3.5 mm mini jack.
How can I transfer the files to my computer?
Transferring your finished tracks couldn’t be easier. The tracks are recorded in WAV format onto a SD card, which can be read through your SD reader. Alternatively, the recorder can be connected to your computer directly with the USB mini-B to USB lead. You can record your files as either mono or stereo, and the DR-008EX can backup and restore songs as well as undo/redo changes to tracks. This recorder is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7 & 8 and Mac OS v10.2, v10.3, v10.4, v10.5, v10.6.8 and v10.8.