• Record great sounding audio in WAV, BWF and MP3 formats with the DR-44WL
• Clear sound with two built-in X/Y stereo condenser microphones
• Four track recorder so you can use both built-in mic and two more through your XLR sockets
• Record onto a SD, SDHC or SDXC up to 128 GB (4GB microSD and adapter included)
• Powered by four AA batteries for up to 16 hours recording use the supplied mains power supply
• 128 x 128 pixel LCD screen with backlighting Special features
• Built-in 0.3W speakers for instant playback
• Record date and time in the file name
• Built-in Wi-Fi to connect to your phone or computer to transfer your files or even remote control your recorderDown load the app for Android and IOS What can the DR-44WL Audio recorder do?
Easy to use for a beginner and stuffed full of options for the experienced professional you can record as you like where you like with this handheld audio recorder. Record up to four different tracks - one from each of the two built-in microphones and the two XLR inputs. Record the same track as an uncompressed WAV file to keep all the detail and a compressed MP3 file which can be transferred or stored quickly. Record in WAV/BWF format in either 16 and 24 bit and a range of compressed MP3 files. Store up to 128GB on a SD, SDHC or SDXC card (4GB microSD supplied with an adapter). Power your recorder from a mains power supply, USB lead or using four AA batteries (included – replacement Order Code L43AL) for up to 16 hours of use (less if Wi-Fi is on). No matter the light level get a clear view of what’s going on with the 128 x 128 pixel LCD screen and when you’ve finished protect your recorder with its soft case. What functions can I use?
Start to record automatically when the noise reaches a set level. Use a chromatic tuner and metronome in the four-track mode to help you hit all the right notes at the right time. Automatically add mark in a track at preset conditions, optimise the level, set track increments, save power in battery mode and divide the files at the marks. What can I record?
Get great sound with two built-in microphones in an X/Y arrangement crossing each other at 90 degrees for good all-around coverage or use two mono XLR microphones and get audio from two different sources. Don’t miss anything with the low cut filler to reduce noise and a pre-recording filter that buffers up to two seconds before you press play. Open up your option with a +48V phantom power supply for condenser microphones, decoding function for M-S microphones or use a line level or mic input with the XLR and input jack. How do I playback?
The DR-44WL has a mono 0.3W speaker built-in so you can hear what you’ve recorded as soon as you’re finished. If you want a little more privacy you can use the 3.5mm headphone socket. Change the speed of your recording from 0.5 to 2 times or loop sections to help you practice. You can listen to playback through your phone as soon as it’s finished recording.
What can I do with the Wi-Fi?
Wirelessly transfer and backup recordings to your smartphone laptop or through Soundcloud onto social media. The built in 2.4GHz Wi-Fi allows you to connect wirelessly and allows you to control when you stop and start your recordings from your phones turning it into a remote control you can use up to 20m away even without a router in the area. The DR-44WL is compatible with Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, and 8.1 and Mac OS X v10.2 or later and can be conned using the high speed USB 2.0 transfer cable as well.