• Everything you need to begin recording on your computer - including a USB audio interface, microphone, headphones and software
• Two channel interface with two XLR and 1/4-inch (6.3mm) jack inputs and a MIDI input
• Two 1/4-inch (6.3mm) jacks, MIDI and USB outputs
• Supports recording in up to 96 kHz 24bit
• Signal LED to let you see signal and peak at a glance
• Separate volume control for line and headphones
• USB power and connection to your Windows or Mac computer
• MIDI input and output
• Includes the Tascam TH-02 closed-back dynamic headphones and Tascam TM-80 cardioid microphone
• Comes with SONAR X3 LE/ Ableton Live Lite 9 software
• Compatible with SONAR, ProTools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, Garage Band (this software not included)What is in this kit?
Build an ideal recording studio with this interface kit. The kit comes with everything you’ll need to start recording on your computer, including a USB interface, microphone and headphones.
What are the features of the US-2x2?
The US-2x2 interface comes with two XLR and 1/4-inch (6.3mm) jacks to connect anything from a guitar to microphones and a wide range of audio equipment. The XLR port comes with +48V phantom power for running a condenser microphone, and all the power for the unit is supplied by the USB lead. There is also a MIDI input to add MIDI drums or controllers to your recording, and a MIDI output for external recording equipment.
With a durable metal cassis and an angled body perfect for desk tops the US-2x2 USB interface is great for setting up almost anywhere. The interface has two 1/4-inch (6.3mm) jack line outputs and a 1/4-inch (6.3mm) jack headphone socket with a separate volume control.
Connect your interface to your Windows or Mac computer and either use the included SONAR X3 LE/ Ableton Live Lite 9 software or your own. Tascam has tested and approved the interface operation with all leading DAW software, such as SONAR, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Studio One and Garage Band (this software not included). The US-2x2 comes with built-in class compliant driver to let you use it with many computers without needing to install driver and open up possibilities with some tablet.
How does the TM-80 mic work?
Whether you’re recording instruments, vocals or just talking, the TM-80 will capture a great sound each time. The TM-80 is a condenser microphone, so point it at what you want to record and you’ll get a directed sound with little background noise. With a maximum sound pressure level of 136dB and sensitivity of -38dB and an 18mm aluminium diaphragm, the microphone is ideal for loud or subtle sounds. The microphone plugs in the XLR with its 1.8 XLR male to female lead and is powered from the +48V phantom power.
What can I do with the TH-02 headphones?
Listen in style with the TH-02 headphones with their black padded headband and ear cups, which can be rotated 90 degrees. The headphones come with a 3m (when fully extended) lead and have a 3.5mm jack so they can be used with a phone, MP3 player and a range of other devices. Alternatively, use the clip-on 3.5mm-to-6.3mm adapter to use the headphones in the 1/4-inch jack in the US-2x2. With a 50mm driver, you can hear clear crisp highs and rich bass. When you’re done you can fold up the ear cups towards the headband for easy compact transport.