• Everything you need in a single box to create your very own moisture sensor• Twist wires together to connect your components and learn about electronic circuits
• A great science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) kit for ages 8+• Use the finished sensor with your plants to make sure they never get thirstyTwist some wires to make a circuit and build a solar-powered moisture sensor that lets you know when your plants need watering.
Make your own moisture sensor out of plaster of paris and nails. Then twist together your circuit and power it all with a solar panel that will tell an LED to flash when your plants need watering.
- Good for ages 8+ (with supervision)
- Good for beginners. Can be hacked by more advanced makers with an Arduino
- Great introduction to electronics that can then be programmed
Before you attach your solar panel to your circuit. Feel the suns power but placing the wires onto your tongue and enjoy the buzz!
How to make a simple circuit using basic electronics with no soldering required to help keep your plants happy.
Use the principles learnt in this kit to make more sensors around your space as well as circuits that have a practical application to help simplify your life. Use an Arduino to create Automatic watering cans, plants that tweet…the world of sensors and gardening is your oyster.