- Grow your own dazzling crystal geode that glows in UV light
- Learn about the science behind crystal creation and natural fluorescent materials
- Requires 1xAAA battery (not included)
- The 16-page full-colour manual will guide you through each step
- Display your beautiful geode day and night with the included holder and UV torch
- Suitable for ages 8+ under adult supervision
Let your inner geologist shine
Watch alum salt grow into a stunning crystal geode right before your eyes. Simply cast a plaster geode shell using the mould, fill it with the solution and you’ll soon have an exciting, unique geode to display in your home. Under the light of the shining crystals, learn why the pigments glow, what invisible light is and how crystals in nature are formed.
See everyday objects in a new light
Ultraviolet-luminous pigments in the solution make your geode glow under UV light, just angle the included UV torch toward your crystal and experience an amazing light show. You’re not limited to just growing crystals, you can perform research using the UV torch and discover what other objects mysteriously glow under the black light.
Don’t miss out!
To get the most out of the project kit, you will also need these items which are not included: one litre of distilled water, adhesive labels, pencil, transparent tape, paper towels, trivet, hot pads, small cooking pot, burner, three or more empty jam jars with lids, dish washing liquid, old newspapers, two empty yoghurt containers, scissors and a piece of cardboard.