• Improve your wireless experience with this simultaneous dual band AC router with beamforming technology
• Wired gigabit connections (10/100/1000 Mbps) and wireless speeds of up to 433Mbps
• Four gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) ports ensures that data transfer speeds are extremely fast
• Two USB 2.0 ports allow you to share a printer or access files and media locally
• Parental controls and guest access is easy to set up
• VPN and FTP services are built-in, so you can access files and media remotely
• Manufacturer part number: Archer VR200Special features
• IP based bandwidth management lets you control the amount of bandwidth allocated to connected devices
• Three external antennas and beamforming provide you with focused omnidirectional wireless coverage
• USBs support 3G/4G dongles giving you the ability to gain access to the web even if your Internet service provider’s (ISP) network goes down
Is this router the ideal one for my home?
If you are looking for a great router for a busy medium to large sized home, then look no further than this dual band TP-Link Archer VR200. Possessing wireless AC technology and operating on two frequencies simultaneously (dual band), you can get wireless speeds of up to 300Mbps on the 2.4Ghz frequency and 433Mbps on 5Ghz. Four gigabit 10/100/1000 LAN (Ethernet/RJ45) ports provide you with fast transfer speeds for your wired devices. This TP-Link router is also universally compatible, since it can be used with both cable modems and with BT landline ISPs that require a DSL/RJ11 connection (VDSL2/ADSL2+/ADSL2/ADSL).
How good is the wireless signal?
The AC750 (300 + 433) gives you two simultaneous bands to use, reducing interference and allowing you to reduce those annoying buffering moments with a faster 5Ghz frequency. This makes dual band routers perfect for homes with lots of connected devices, since there are two wireless signals you can connect to.
An IP based bandwidth management systems lets you allocate bandwidth to connected devices. This ensures that for high data applications, such as streaming videos or gaming, your connected device will be prioritised first, reducing lag and buffering. The built-in beamforming technology automatically locates wireless devices and sends a focused signal to those devices, improving coverage and making the wireless connection more efficient.
What is the wired connection like?
If you prefer a wired connection for gaming or streaming, there are four gigabit 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports you can use. The gigabit ports let you quickly transfer data from a connected hard drive or NAS drive to your computer or other wired in device.
What other features are there?
You can connect a hard drive to one of the two available USB 2.0 ports on the router. With the built-in media server you can then play media, view pictures and files locally. The router’s FTP server feature and VPN support also allow you to access your home network or connected drives from anywhere around the world. Additionally, the USB ports support 3G/4G dongles, so you can have internet when your ISP’s network is down or when you are switching from one ISP to another.
Setting up the router is quick and easy due to the simple web interface. This same interface can be used to monitor your network, establish a guest network and implement parental controls. The guest network feature is perfect if you have guests over often, so you can provide a separate Wi-Fi password, without having to disclose your personal one.