• 24 RJ45 ports, ideal for a small office
• Speedy data transfer speeds from 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit ports
• A managed switch, great for corporate use, adds security and helps control active data
• Mains powered
• Metal housing for greater durability
• Manufacturer part number: T1600G-28TSSpecial Features
• The 'advanced quality of service' feature integrates voice, data and video service on one network. Administrator can designate the priority of the traffic based on a variety of means - including Port Portability, 802.1P Priority and DSCP Priority - to ensure that voice are always clear, smooth and jitter free.
Why should I get a managed switch?
A managed switch is perfect for corporate use in offices. The switch provides high performance, powerful L2 and L2+ features (Layer 2 - data links) like static routing, enterprise-level quality of service and other security strategies. With a managed switch, you are able to protect against the network system becoming overwhelmed and causing extreme amounts of broadcast traffic. You can enhance traffic management capabilities to move you data smoother and faster. The easy-to-use web management interfaces means faster setup and configuration with less downtime.
What speed can I expect from this switch?
TP-Link JetStream Gigabit Smart Switch is a cost-effective product solution for small and medium sized businesses. It has 24 10/100/1000Mbps ports and four SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) slots. The Ethernet uses the highest common speed between sending and receiving devices, and this switch will allow up to Gigabit speeds in your Local Area Network (LAN).
What is a SFP (Small Form-factor Pluggable) slot?
A small form-factor pluggable (SFP) transceiver is a compact, hot-swappable, input/output transceiver used in data communication and telecommunications networks. SFP interfaces between communication devices like switches, routers and fibre optic cables, and performs conversions between optical and electrical signals. They also allow the transport of fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet LAN packets.