TP-Link N600 TD-W8980 Dual band Gigabit ADSL2+ Router
• ADSL port (RJ11) provides direct connection to your phone line and one WAN (RJ45) port allows a connection to your modem or existing router
• 600Mbps combined wireless transfer speeds allow for web access, e-mail and streaming media on a small home network for a few users
• 300Mbps 2.4Ghz and 300Mbps 5.GHz dual band will optimise your wireless connections by allowing supported devices to run at higher frequencies
• Three gigabit Ethernet and one gigabit WAN/LAN port provides you with fast connectivity options for your wired network
• Twin USB 2.0 ports allow you to connect external storage or a printer to your network
• Built-in FTP and media server provides access across your network to drives connected to the router
• Parental controls enable you to restrict web pages providing a safe browsing experienceWhat can I expect from this router?
The TD-W8980 from TP-link is an extremely flexible router, joining an ADSL2+ router, cable modem, media server and dual-band wireless access point in one device. This makes the router a good choice or small to medium sized homes or offices.
What wireless capabilities does this router offer?
Simultaneous 2.4GHz 300Mbps and 5GHz 300Mbps supply your wireless network with more bandwidth, allowing supported devices to run at higher frequencies. This will provide more latency for your network by optimising tasks. Web browsing and e-mail can be handled by the 2.4GHz band whilst online gaming and HD media streaming can be run on the 5GHz, all at the same time. A total of five antennas will ensure that your wireless signal stays strong throughout your home.
What wired connections are provided?
Supplying you with both ADSL and WAN connections allows you to either connect directly to your phone line or extend from an existing router or modem. 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet ports provide fast reliable connections for all of your wired devices and stream media and transfer files across your network faster. Twin USB 2.0 ports provide connections for external hard drives or printers allowing these devices to be used across your network.
What network management does this router offer?
A web based configuration utility allows you to manage your network without the need for extra software, whilst diagnostic utilities ensure that your network is running optimally at all times. Parental controls allow you to restrict access to your network or inhibit web pages by blocking URLs, giving you piece of mind that your network is safe and secure.
|| Dual Band
| Wi-Fi Type
|| AC Wireless - 802.11ac
| Wi-Fi Speed
| Band speed
|| 300Mbps 2.4GHz 300MBps 5GHz
| Number of Gigabit Ethernet ports
|| 3 (detachable)
| Media Streaming DLNA ready
| USB Port
|| 2x USB 2.0
|| 3 Years
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.