TP-Link TD-W8970 N300 ADSL2+ Cable Router
• ADSL port (RJ11) provides direct connection to your phone line and one WAN (RJ45) port allows a connection to your modem or existing router
• 2.4GHz wireless with 300Mbps provides bandwidth for general tasks, for example e-mail and web browsing for a few users on a small home network
• Three gigabit Ethernet ports with one WAN/LAN port gives you multiple connection options for your wired network
• USB 2.0 connection lets you connect an external drive, which can be accessed remotely via FTP
• Manufacturer part number: TD-W8970
• Guest network support allows for secure access for guests or workers sharing your network
• Parental controls provide options for restricting network usageWhat can I expect from this router?
The TD-W8970 N300 ADSL router is useable as an ADSL2+ modem, cable modem, wireless access point, gigabit switch or print server. This makes it a versatile addition to any home or office network, providing you with access to a fast gigabit wired connection or a stable wireless connection. You will be able to navigate your network with ease.
What can I expect from this router’s wireless capabilities?
With a 2.4GHz wireless frequency you will be able to transfer data up to 300Mbps between device and router, this supplies bandwidth for few users to access the web wirelessly for general web browsing and e-mail purposes. WPS encryption allow you to pair wirless devices with the router at a touch of a button.
What wired connections does this router provide?
ADSL (RJ11) and WAN/LAN (RJ45) connections provide versatility when connecting this router/modem to any internet service provider, or expanding your network from an existing router. 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet ports allow your wired connections to run as fast as they are able. A single USB 2.0 port is provided to allow connection to an external hard disk which can be used as a media server. This can be remotely accessed using the router’s built-in FTP and VPN protocols
Does this router provide network management?
Using a web based utility allows you to manage your network without the need for software installation, making set up quick and easy. Parental controls enable you to set up restrictions on your network, block access to web pages and provide a safe browsing experience. Guests and workers can access a separate Wi-Fi keeping your files separate from visitors.
| Wi-Fi Type
|| AC Wireless - 802.11n
| Wi-Fi Speed
| Band speed
|| 300Mbps 2.4GHz
| Number of Gigabit Ethernet ports
| Media Streaming DLNA ready
| USB Port
|| 1x USB 2.0
|| 3 Years
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.