• Cable connection (RJ45) provides a direct connection to a separate modem or existing router
• 2.4GHz wireless signal provides you with a stable connection to allow for basic web access and email
• Four 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet ports gives you multiple connection options for your wired network
• USB 2.0 connection allows you to attach an external drive which can be accessed locally on your network via FTP
• Manufacturer part number: TL-WR1042ND
• Easy Wi-Fi on/off button allows you to directly disable the router’s Wi-Fi functions
• IP QoS gives you complete control of the amount of bandwidth each device is usingWhat can I expect from this router?
The WL-WR1042ND router from TP-Link makes a suitable addition to any small home or office network. With cable connections you are able to extend an existing router or use as a wireless bridge to access Wi-Fi where no wireless functions exist.
What will I see from this router’s wireless performance?
Using dual antennas on a single 2.4GHz band running at 300Mbps, you are provided with a stable connection with enough bandwidth to support up to four wireless users at the same time. WPS encryption allows you to pair wireless devices with the push of a button. With the addition of an easy Wi-Fi on/off button you have the power to disable the wireless functions of this router at the push of a button.
What wired connections am I provided with?
Four 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet ports will give your wired devices enough bandwidth to transfer large files quickly and run network heavy applications. A single USB port gives you the option of attaching network storage, enabling your local network to access and transfer files via FTP.
What management features do I have with this router?
Internet Protocol Quality of Service (IP Qos) lets you to configure your network by allowing you to limit bandwidth to each device using your network, so you can prioritise your bandwidth usage.