Hard-wearing push on/push off DPDT switch. Strong metal... Read More
Find similar products here
UPVC Window Contact/Reed Switch
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: MM11M
Click & Collect available keyboard_arrow_down
About this product
- Protect UPVC windows or doors with this magnet and reed switch sensor without the need of screws
- 17mm operating gap that allows for a 14mm distance to be between the magnet and reed switch without setting off the alarm, providing you with a greater flexibility of where you can place the contact
- Comes supplied with a four core cable that is 1m long and self-adhesive pads for simpler installation
• Protect UPVC windows or doors with this magnet and reed switch sensor without the need of screws
• 17mm operating gap that allows for a 14mm distance to be between the magnet and reed switch without setting off the alarm, providing you with a greater flexibility of where you can place the contact
• Comes supplied with a four core cable that is 1m long and self-adhesive pads for simpler installationWould this contact be a good choice for a drill-free installation?
This alarm contact switch is great if you want to add a contact reed switch to your alarm system, but do not want to drill holes in order to fix them into place. With an operating gap of between 14 to 17mm this allows for a larger number of different places you can place this contact reed switch.
What does the reed switch do?
This reed switch protects your home by sounding your alarm when the magnet and reed switch are more than 17mm apart. It comes supplied with self-adhesive fixing pads that allow you to fix them onto UPVC windows and other areas of the home, making it a great reed switch that can be used to protect a vast amount of different indoor areas.
By installing a magnetic contact, if someone were to leave a window open or ajar (more than 17mm apart) whilst you turn your security alarm on, the siren will also sound. This means that not only does this component protect doors and windows, but it can also act as a reminder if you have accidently left windows open.
Do I need anything else to connect this to my security system?
The UPVC window contact/reed switch does come supplied with self-adhesive fixing pads to help in fixing these contacts in place, although there are a few other things that are needed to connect this to your existing system. In addition to needing a security cable (e.g. Order Code: XR89W) to wire this contact to the control panel, it would be best to also have a junction box. This is to help connect the 1m cable that comes with the contact switch to the security cable.
|Operating gap||14 to 17 mm|
|Terminal type||4 core 1000 mm cable|
|Switch configuration||Normally Closed|
|Dimensions - Reed Switch||38 mm x 15.5 mm x 8.7 mm|
|Dimensions - Magnet||38 mm x 15.5 mm x 8.7 mm|
|Dimensions - Recess||N/A|
|Voltage range (DC)||1 to 100V|
|Maximum current (DC)||500 mA|
|Voltage range (AC)||1 to 125V|
|Maximum current (AC)||500 mA|
|Material||High Impact Polystyrene|
|Surface reed switch and magnet|
|Self-adhesive fixing pads|