• Hold clear presentations, even in a darkened room, thanks to 700 lumens of brightness
• A short throw ratio of 0.9 means you can project at a distance of 1m and obtain a screen size of 51 inches without using up a lot of space
• Great picture quality provided by the WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution
• 16:9 aspect ratio gives you a widescreen projection, with 4:3 and 16:10 aspect ratios available too
• Contrast ratio of 3500:1 helps black colours in an image appear dark even in a dimly lit room
• Numerous input connections – composite video, VGA, HDMI, SD card reader and USB, for extra flexibility
• Built-in dual 2W speakers with ASUS SonicMaster technology delivers an all-in-one home cinema experience
• 3.5mm jack output lets you connect the projector to your home audio system or alternative speakers
• A quiet fan that produces no more than 32dBA of sound, so it won’t disturb your home cinema experience
• Wirelessly connect to a notebook PC, Android and iOS devices with the included USB Wi-Fi adapter
• Automatic keystone correction self-levels a distorted image caused by the projector not being directly centre to the screen
• Eco mode reduces energy consumption and saves you moneyWhat do I get from this all-in-one portable projector?
Weighing in at less than 900g this ASUS B1M projector is perfect for anyone travelling on the road. Its compact design means it can be easily stored in a bag or briefcase and with a two-level kickstand you can position it higher for easier viewing. Dual 2W speakers with ASUS SonicMaster technology gives you great audio playback and an all-in-on system that doesn’t require an external sound output. What’s more, you can present in numerous ways with this projector, either through a traditional wire from your laptop, plugging in a USB/SD card or wirelessly streaming from your phone/tablet via the dedicated app. This makes the B1M an ideal companion for anyone looking to present at multiple destinations on the go.
What is the picture quality like?
The DLP LED technology gives off a contrast ratio of 3500:1, which gives you a brighter and sharper visual compared to other traditional projection technologies. An aspect ratio of 16:9 and native WXGA (1280 x 800) resolution gives you a great widescreen picture. In addition, the ASUS B1M outputs 700 lumens of light, which makes the picture projected viewable even in moderately darkened rooms. The eco-friendly LED light source with a 30,000 hour lifespan, helps to keep maintenance and bulb replacement costs to a minimum.
What screen size can I expect?
A short throw ratio means you can project a 51 inch image at a distance of 1m away from the screen. This could potentially rise to up to 153 inches when the projector is positioned three metres away, allowing you to get a big screen at a short distance. It doesn’t matter if you position the B1M at an angle (not directly centre to the screen), the auto keystone correction will detect that it isn’t straight and automatically level it for you. So you don’t have to spend time looking to prop the projector up to avoid a distorted image.
Can I connect my laptop or computer to this projector?
As well as being able to connect a laptop or computer to the projector via a HDMI or VGA cable, you can wirelessly connect a laptop or an Android and iOS device to the projector. By connecting the included Wi-Fi adapter to the ASUS B1M and installing the Wi-Fi projection app on your phone, you remove the need to carry a video cable around for presentation use. This allows you to stream presentations, documents and view the web directly from your phone. Additionally, through the app you can use the device as a wireless remote for your presentation and annotate it in real time.
You can also play and view videos, music, pictures and documents through the projector, without having to connect a computer to it. This is thanks to the in-built media player that supports a range of file formats. So you can play content from an SD card or a USB device. A great feature that reduces the hassle needed to set up and wire a computer or laptop to the projector.