• External DVD reader and writer combination drive with 8X DVD writing technology
• Horizontal operation reduces the chances of the drive being knocked or bumped when in use
• USB interface allows the writer to be used with desktop or laptop computers
• Aesthetically pleasing diamond cut design makes the drive look good at any angle
• Compatible with DVD and CD formats
• Double security on-the-go allows you to control access to created discs with passwords and hidden file functionality
• Make the creation process quicker than ever with a simple three step process
• USB cable using two USB connectors handle data transfer and power to the DVD writer
• Included Cyberlink Power 2GO v7 and E-Green software help you get the most from your external DVD writerWhy would I need this external DVD drive?
The ASUS External Slim DVD Writer allows the connected computer to read and write data to digital versatile discs (DVD). These discs have the potential to hold between 4.3GB (single layer) to 7.9GB (dual layer) of data, making them great for backing up large chunks of data. Compact discs (CDs) can also be created and read using this external drive.
How do I connect the drive to my computer?
This drive uses a USB 2.0 interface that provides you with two USB connectors on a Y cable. One of these connectors is used for the transfer of data between the drive and connected computer. The second USB connector is to supply power to the DVD drive, so no additional external power supplies are needed.
This makes the drive extremely portable, and great for use with laptop or notebook computers. This is ideal if your device cannot read or write DVD or CD optical media itself.
How fast can this drive read or write discs?
The ASUS slim external DVD writer has a maximum read and write speeds of 8x for DVDs and 24x for CDs.*
*For full individual supported formats and speeds, please reference the specification table below
What does (Used) mean?
Items have been returned, but checked for condition, and deemed fit for resale at a reduced price. The visual inspection does imply the items are all fully working as we do not test every function. This stock traditionally has had opened packaging which can have some cosmetic damage. All accessories including power supplies, cables, manuals and software should be in place. To ensure peace of mind each product comes with 12 month guarantee.