• 3,300 lumens of light let you present in environments with ambient light
• Achieve a 78-inch screen from a distance of three metres with the throw ratio being 1.96 to 2.15
• Up to 800 x 600 SVGA resolution and native aspect ratio of 4:3
• Under SmartEco mode, brightness is altered automatically to extend your lamp life to 6,500 hours
• Connect to a range of visual and audio devices through the HDMI, 2 x VGA, composite video, S-Video, 3.5mm audio jack, twin phono (RCA) and RS232 ports
• Display the projected content on another monitor using the VGA out port
• 2W mono speaker provides great sound without having to plug external speakers in
• Use your own speakers through the 3.5mm audio jack or twin phono (RCA) connections
• 33dBA of sound ensures your presentations and cinematic viewings aren’t disturbed when it is situated a good distance away
• Obtain your desired screen size easily by mounting the projector to the ceiling
• Watch in incredible 3D using DLP link 3D glasses (sold separately)
• Economic (Eco) and SmartEco modes reduce the brightness of the lamp, lowering power consumption and therefore extending the lamp lifeWould this projector be the right choice for me?
Get a great image with this 3,300-lumen projector, which is perfect for classroom or office environments. No matter your source, the MS517H projector comes with a vast range of inputs with HMDI, two VGA, composite video (RGB), S-Video for your video 3.5mm audio jack for optional separate audio and a RS232 port for controls. You can even watch 3D content from your Blu-ray player with the help of DLP link 3D glasses (sold separately). Play your videos on a whiteboard blackboard or projector screen. The built-in 2W mono speaker gives you great sound, but you can also plug in your own speakers with the 3.5mm audio out jack.
What is the picture quality like on this projector?
Display lessons, reports or video in 600 x 800 pixels in SVGA quality. Get a clear sharp image with a 13,000:1 contrast ratio. DLP BrilliantColour technology and its six segment colour wheel offers balanced and true to life colours. The projector has a native aspect of 4:3 and five aspect ratios to choose from.
How difficult will it be for me to achieve my desired screen size?
The throw ratio of the projector is 1.96 to 2.15, which gives you the ability to set the projector three metres away for a screen size of 78-inches. To make getting your chosen screen size even easier, you can mount this projector to the ceiling with a compatible ceiling mount (sold separately), which would remove the need to clear the projector’s path to the screen. If the projector isn’t perpendicular to the screen it could lead to distortions of the image (a wider image at the top or bottom), which can be corrected with the manual vertical keystone correction.
What interfaces can I connect to?
Capable of connecting to a range of devices, this projector has ports for HDMI, two VGA, composite video, S-Video, USB mini B, 3.5mm audio jack, and RS232 connections. A USB mini to USB cable (not included) can be used to connect your laptop or computer to the projector, and you can then use the projector’s controller to manipulate any programs that utilise page up or down commands i.e. Microsoft PowerPoint. Controlling the projector from a distance or central computer is possible too, by using a RS232 cable (not included). Another VGA port is located at the back of the projector as well. This one casts as an output socket, through which you can send your projected content to a monitor.
Does this projector have any eco modes?
Eco modes are a great way to extend the life of a lamp, saving you time and money on maintenance costs. SmartEco mode provides uncompromised brightness and great picture quality. Under this mode, lamp power is automatically altered so that only necessary levels of light are used, maximizing power saving while still delivering the best contrast and brightness performance. This can extend the lamp life by 50 per cent.
The projector can additionally be set to automatically turn off when a display source isn’t detected for three minutes, reducing the amount of energy wasted and further increasing the lamp life. In standby mode the MS517H uses just 0.5W.