• Explore the universe and the world around you with this Newtonian reflector telescope
• Capable of up to 269 times magnification (up to 45 times with supplied eyepieces) to see to Jupiter and beyond
• Comes with two eyepieces (20mm and 10mm) to customise your telescope for the best view
• Get a clear, bright image with a 114mm aperture
• Lower the magnification down to 16 times (22 times with supplied eyepieces)
• Comes with an Alt-azimuth mount and its own tripod for stabilityWhat can I see with this telescope?
Track even dim comets on their journey and get amazing view with the 114mm parabolic mirror on this Newtonian reflector telescope. Get up to 269 magnifications (up to 45 times with the supplied eyepieces). The Cometron 114AZ comes with a fully coated lens, 114mm aperture and has 265 times the light gathering ability of the human eye which give you a clear crisp image. The telescope comes with two eyepieces on 22 times magnification and one 45 times magnification.
Why choose a reflector telescope?
Reflector telescopes are open at one end and use mirrors to collect and focus light for the image. Typically, the apertures of reflector telescopes are larger than their refractors. This means they can see further and fainter objects and have a wider apparent field of view. The bodies of the reflector telescope can be made smaller, all while maintaining the same level of magnification. Reflector telescopes don’t suffer from chromatic aberration, colours appearing around an image, like some refractors. Reflector telescopes display the image upside down. This is normal for astronomical telescopes, but will be noticeable with terrestrial viewing.
How easy is it to assemble?
Easy to use, you can assemble this telescope without tools. It even comes with a stable tripod and mount system. The assembly doesn’t require any tools and is quick and easy making this a great grab and go telescope. There is a tray under the telescope to store your alternative eyepiece and other essentials. The StarPointer can help you position your telescope to the right orientation.
How easy is it to align my telescope?
With its Altazimuth mount you get great smooth and accurate movement. The Altazimuth mount allows movement up, down and side to side and is great for terrestrial use allowing you to adjust the position and follow moving objects easily. Discover the universe or chase comets with this great telescope.