• Explore the universe and the world around you with this refractor telescope
• Capable of up to 165 times magnification (with supplied eyepieces) to see to Jupiter and further
• Comes with two eyepieces (20mm and 4mm) and a 3 times Barlow lens
• Get a clear, bright image with a 70mm aperture
• Reduce the magnification down to 10 times (35 times with supplied eyepieces) for close objects such as birds and wildlife
• Comes with an Altazimuth mount and its own tripod for stability
• Two year manufacturer’s warranty for peace of mind (proof of purchase required)What can I see with this telescope?
See the face of Jupiter or the rings of Saturn with this easy to use telescope which is also great for bird or other wildlife watching. It can reach up to 165 times magnification for great stargazing. With an aperture of 70mm, fully coated lens and ability to gather 100 times the light of the human eye you get a clear, bright image. This telescope comes with two eyepieces, one with 35 times magnification and one with 175 times magnification. There is also a three times Barlow lens which can be used with any of the eyepieces to increase their magnification.
Why choose a refractor telescope?
Refractor telescopes use lenses to collect and focus light to magnify the image. The telescope is sealed at both ends making this type less prone to distortion because of air currents or dust contamination for a steadier, sharper image. When you look through the eyepiece without a diagonal (an attachment between the telescope and eyepiece) the image will be completely inverted. The diagonal helps ensure you see the image the right way up, but left and right will still be reversed.
How easy is it to assemble?
Quick and easy to assemble without any tools this telescope comes with a finderscope and steady tripod. There is a tray under the telescope to store your alternative eyepiece and other essentials and it’s lightweight so it’s easy to transport to the best place for the perfect image. The Barlow lens can be attached between the diagonal or telescope and the eyepiece for three times the magnification.
What sort of mount does the telescope use?
This PowerSeeker telescope comes with an Altazimuth mount - great for smooth and accurate movement. Altazimuth mounts allow the telescope to move up down and side to side and are great for terrestrial use allowing you to adjust the position and follow moving objects easily. The telescope comes with The Sky X – First Light Edition astronomy software. This includes a 10,000 object database, printable sky maps and 75 enhanced images so you can see exactly what it is you’re looking for. Discover the wonders of the universe and explore the world around you with this great starter telescope.