(Used) Corsair RM850x 850W Fully Modular ATX 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: B17RG
About this product
- 850W of continuous power gives you substantial headroom for overclocking, running multiple graphics cards and future upgrades
- ATX form factor allows the power supply to be connected to almost any motherboard and fits in most standard cases
- Fully modular design means you only use only the cables you require for easy builds with the best airflow
• 850W of continuous power gives you substantial headroom for overclocking, running multiple graphics cards and future upgrades
• ATX form factor allows the power supply to be connected to almost any motherboard and fits in most standard cases
• Fully modular design means you only use only the cables you require for easy builds with the best airflow
• Produces 22dBA at full load for an almost silent computing experience
• 89% efficient with a 80 PLUS gold rating, providing you with an extremely efficient power supply
• Manufacturer part number: CP-9020093-UK
• Zero RPM fan mode supplies you with near silence under light loads thanks to the built-in thermal sensorWhat can I run from this power supply?
This 850W power supply (PSU) would be a perfect addition to a computer system that has overclocked components and multiple graphics card (in SLI or CrossFire) as well as a number of other components such as fans and lights. The power supply has been built with all Japanese 105°C capacitors, which helps to ensure solid power delivery and long term reliability. Underlining this power supply’s reliability, it comes with a seven year warranty. The RM850x is extremely efficient and runs quietly even when at full load, which is great for builds that you want to keep quiet. Future upgrades won't be a problem either – you'll be able to add more components or upgrade to more energy hungry ones without a problem.
How quiet and efficient is this power supply?
80 PLUS gold certified, this power supply is roughly 89% efficient under various loads. This means that almost 11% of electrical energy pulled will be wasted as excess heat, which also means that you'll have a reduced operating cost. At full load this power supply will only produce 22dBA of noise, so any noise produced is almost inaudible. What's more, this power supply has a zero RPM fan mode, where the fan doesn't operate at low to medium loads. The built-in thermal sensor will automatically control the fan when the cooling is need, providing you with virtually silent operation.
How does the fully modular design benefit me?
This power supply’s fully modular design gives you full flexibility, allowing you to only use the cables that are needed to power various components in your computer system. Through this extra flexibility you can move cables around to improve not only the aesthetic look of your case, but airflow too. Being fully modular also means that you can easily swap this power supply for a similar fully modular power supply, without having to re-do your cable management.
How is this different to the RM series of power supplies?
The major difference between the RMx series of power supplies and RM is the size of the fan. On the RMx series the fan has been reduced to 135mm, compared to 140mm on the RM series. This helps to keep noise production to even quieter levels. Another notable difference is that the RMx series no longer has Corsair Link capabilities. The modular cables that are included are also slightly different – with the RM series power supplies all the cables were flat low-profiles ones, this now only applies to the SATA and Molex cables, with the rest of the cabling being sleeved.
|Modular type||Fully Modular|
|Peak power output||935 W|
|Sustained power output||850 W|
|Single or multi rail||Single|
|Input voltage||100 V to 240 V|
|Input current||6 A to 12 A|
|Input frequency range||47 Hz to 63 Hz|
|Power factor correction (PFC)||Yes – active|
|Output +12V (A)||70.8 A|
|Over voltage protection||Yes|
|Under voltage protection||Yes|
|Over current protection||Yes|
|Efficiency and standards|
|80 PLUS certification||Gold|
|Safety certificates||CE, ROHS|
|Compliant standards||CB, TUV, CCC|
|Cooling system||1 x 135 mm fan|
|Noise||< 22 dBA|
|Number of connections|
|20+4 pin main connectors||1|
|4-pin 12V connectors||2|
|4-pin Molex (peripheral) connectors||8|
|6-pin PCI-e connectors||2|
|Floppy drive connectors||1|
|Manufacturer warranty||7 years|
|RMx series power supply|
|Modular cable set and bag|
|Corsair case badge|