• High capacity 4480mAh 4S battery gives a flight time of up to 25 minutes so you can enjoy longer stretches in the sky
• Up to 500m transmission range. Without a permit, the legal range for a drone to fly is below 120m and always in the line of sight from the operator
• Check out The Drone Code or The IAA (ROI) for everything you need to be aware of when flying your drone
• Record in 4K resolution camera giving you an Ultra-HD resolution for clearer videos and awesome aerial photography shots
• Three-axis gimbal giving you a more accurate rotation of the camera
• Advanced autopilot gives you the option to automatically take off, rise to a pre-set height, and return to the starting position with the press of a button
• Download the DJI Pilot app to live stream your flight to YouTube so you can show your flying ability to your friendsDownload the DJI Pilot app so you can live view your footage
What makes this drone different from the others?
The DJI Phantom 3 4K has changed from the previous versions. The range at which you can fly has been adjusted to stay in line with the CAA/IAA regulations. As such, it will now fly up to a horizontal distance of 500m, while the built-in software makes sure you only elevate to a height of 120m from your take off position to stay within the legal range.
What quality of camera does the Phantom 3 4K come with?
This particular drone comes with an Ultra-HD 4K camera, which gives you a maximum video recording resolution of 4096 x 2160p at 25 frames per second. This gives you a fantastic looking picture as you soar through the skies. For still photography, the camera boasts 12.4 megapixels - giving you high quality shots of those sweeping landscapes. What’s more, the camera can also stream live in 480 SD straight to your smartphone or tablet.
What is the advantage of having a three-axis gimbal?
The three-axis gimbal that comes as standard with the Phantom 3 4K gives you more stability and more control when using the camera for videoing or even still photography. The gimbal responds to the remote controller, and the dedicated DJI Pilot app gives you smooth and stable footage as you fly.
What advantage is there in using the autopilot?
The autopilot feature on this drone allows you to make the most of the advanced automatic elements with the push of a button. The Phantom 3 4K will automatically take off, rise to a pre-set height using the DJI Pilot app and hover in the set position until you take over. It also has a return to home mode where it will enter its failsafe mode and return to where you initially took off from if the battery starts running low or you lose connection. This saves you having to search for the device if anything was to happen mid-flight.
Safe flying is your responsibility
We fully encourage safe and responsible flying. We recommend you read the CAA’s/IAA’s website and The Drone Code for full information on safe and responsible flying.
The CAA (UK)
The IAA (ROI)
The Drone Code
Please see the ‘downloads’ tab for information regarding responsible flying.