• FREE DOOM game when you buy this product - valid until 11/07/2016, subject to availability*
• Processor, motherboard and memory pre-assembled for quick start PC build and easy upgrading – ensuring compatibility
• Intel Core i7-6700 quad-core 3.4GHz (4GHz boost speed), 8MB cache CPU – gives you amazing gaming and multitasking performance
• Corsair Vengeance LPX 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4, 2666MHz, CL16 (15-15-15-36) RAM module gives you the boost in performance for gaming
• ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming Intel Socket LGA 1151 ATX motherboard with HDMI, DisplayPort, VGA, DVI and 8-channel HD audio
• Has the following input and output (I/O) ports: 1 x USB 3.1 type-A, 1 x USB 3.1 type-C, 4 x USB 3.0, 2 x USB 2.0, 1 x 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet (RJ45) LAN port, 5 x audio jack(s), 1 x optical S/PDIF out, 1 x PS/2 keyboard/mouse combo port, 1 x HDMI, 1 x DisplayPort, 1 x VGA (D-sub), 1 x DVI
• Expansion ports available for you to use: 4 x DIMM (3 x free, max 64GB DDR4), 2 x PCI express (PCIe) 3.0/2.0 x 16 (2 x free), 1 x PCI express (PCIe) 3.0/2.0 x 16 (x4 mode), 3 x PCI 3.0/2.0 x 1, 4 x SATA III 6 Gb/s ports (4 x free), 1 x SATA express port with 2 x SATA III 6 Gb/s ports, 1 x M.2 Socket 3 with M key – type 2242, 2260, 2280, 22110 storage devices supported*Once you have purchased your product you need to email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Name, Contact Phone Number and your order reference number (EG 888888/1/1 or Store Number and TXN Number). Within 24 hours we will send you a voucher code to enter at www.asus.com/event/2016/rog/DOOM. Your motherboard serial number is required to complete the process.
Offer applies to selected Asus motherboards (A03UU Battle Hard Bundle & A04UU Elite Force Bundle), purchased from 9/5/16 and 11/7/16. Offer is subject to availability whilst stocks last and as such, promotion end date is subject to change.
What can I do with this bundle?
Our platinum grade Elite Force gaming motherboard bundle provides you with the basics needed to start building or upgrading to a top end PC gaming system. It includes an Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU, ASUS’s Z170 Pro Gaming ATX motherboard and an 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX RAM module. All you’ll need to add on top of this to get a system going is a power supply, hard drive or SSD, operating system, graphics card and a case to house it all.
How good is the processor?
The Intel quad-core i7-6700 CPU has a base clock speed of 3.4GHz, which can be boosted to 4GHz through the use of Intel's Turbo Boost technology 2.0. This provides you with astonishing gaming, work and multi-tasking performance. On top of that, this CPU supports Intel's Hyper-Threading Technology, which allows it to use resources more efficiently, so that each core can do more than one tasks at a time. If you are using applications that have been optimised for multi-threading, such as video editing, 3D rendering or anything that can be used to create, edit and encode graphically intensive files, you can see increases in overall and multi-tasking performance.
What makes this motherboard different?
ASUS’s Z170 PRO Gaming motherboard is a great companion for any build, with a multitude of connections and expansions slots available for amazing upgrading potential and futureproofing. It has USB 3.1 type-A and type-C connections which offer you double the transfer speed (10Gb/s) compared to USB 2.0 (5Gb/s). The connection is also backwards compatible with USB2.0 and older generations. The motherboard has a M.2 3rd generation M key socket, allowing you to use faster M.2 SDDs for faster boot and load time in your games.
Packed with PRO clock technology, second-generation ASUS T-Topology, AI Suite 3 and RAMCache you can unleash the full potential of any gaming rig you decide to build. PRO clock technology allows you to extend overclocked base-clock speed of compatible CPUs by up to 400MHz*. T-Topology lets you overclock DDR4 memory modules, with up to 3400MHz rated RAM supported. AI Suite 3 provides you with a central platform to fine tune almost all parts of your system so you can find the best balance between performance, stability, efficiency and aesthetics – via a simple intuitive interface. RAMCache allows you to allocate some of your RAM as a cache for games and apps so that they launch at breakneck speeds.
*Please note that a sixth generation unlocked Intel processor is required, sold separately
What is the included RAM like?
Provided with this bundle is an 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 memory stick (RAM module), which has been designed to run at 2666MHz. It’s heatspreader is made of pure aluminium, and the eight-layer PCB aids with providing faster heat dissipation. The PCB design also allows for higher overclocking headroom. Support for XMP 2.0 gives you trouble-free and automatic overclocking. Since only one DIMM slot is used, you'll have three other slots free for future upgrades.