• WAN cable (RJ45) allows this router to be connected directly to an existing modem or used to extend a network already in place
• Combined wireless transfer speeds of up to 2530Mbps allow for basic web applications such as browsing, email or heavy HD media streaming across a large network
• Simultaneous 600bps 2.4GHz and 1930Mbps 5GHz bands provide you with network optimisation by allowing supported devices to utilise the higher 5GHz band
• Four Gigabit Ethernet ports provide a fast, uninterrupted link between your wired network devices
• USB 2.0, 3.0 and eSATA connections all allow your network to support external hard drives and printers
• Beamforming technology provides a directed Wi-Fi signal at your wireless devices, this improves signal quality and results in a stable connection
• MU-MIMO technology allows your wireless network to send and receive data to multiple wireless users at the same time
• Linksys smart Wi-Fi application allows you to remotely manage your network through a web browser or portable iOS or Android deviceWhat can I expect from this wireless router?
Upgrade your wireless network speeds with the Linksys EA8500. Suitable for large homes or office environments where multiple users require high speed Wi-Fi access or stable Gigabit wired connections. Included with powerful network management tools, you are able to control how your network operates via a web browser or a portable iOS or Android device.
What can I expect from this routers wireless connections?
Using four adjustable dual band antenna with MU-MIMO technology, this router is able to run multiple optimised connections by simultaneously sending and receiving signals from each antenna. Beamforming Wi-Fi creates a directed link between your device and the router, greatly improving signal strength for all wireless users throughout your home or office. A 600Mbps 2.4GHz band will run all of your day to day wireless network tasks, for example browsing the web or using email, at the same time a 1930Mbps 5GHz frequency will provide extra bandwidth for tasks that require a large amount of wireless traffic, this could be VOIP calls, video conferencing or wirelessly streaming HD media across your network. Pairing devices to the router has be streamlined, thanks to a WPS button for devices that use Wi-Fi Protected setup.
What wired connections are available on this router?
In addition to the WAN port, you are provided with four 10/100/1000 gigabit Ethernet ports. These provide you with an uninterruptable link between devices on your network, capable of achieving speeds of up to 1000Mbps, the gigabit ports allow you to attach non-wireless devices such as smart televisions and game consoles to your high speed network. USB and eSATA ports enable you to attach and access hard drives and printers across your wireless network.
Can I manage my network with this router?
Included with the EA8500 is the Linksys smart Wi-Fi app, which will give you the power of controlling your network from a web browser or an iOS or Android portable device. Create restrictions across your network by reducing wireless bandwidth and prioritising important network traffic. Parental controls allow you to control access to inappropriate web content for your family and office workers, and the Linksys smart app allows you to enable or disable the routers Wi-Fi functions at the push of a button.