• Open source, ATMega-based board for 3D printers, soft material CNC routers, engravers and more
• Build a custom 3D printer, engraver or router to your own specifications
• Mainboard is universal, high quality and easy to use
• Outputs for a range of stepper motors, heaters, heater bed, fans and power
• Inputs for end stops, sensors, power supply connectors and resets
• Interfaces for LCD displays, rotary encoder, SD card holder, custom external circuitry and in-circuit programming
• Built-in status LEDs, on-board reset button, male board-to-wire connectors and space for optional IDC male header connectors are also included
• Compatible with the Velleman VM8400DB (order code A80UX) and DRV8825 stepper driver boards
• Velleman part number: VM8400MBWhat would I use this mainboard for?
Whether you want to build your own 3D printer, router or engraver, you will need a central controller to power, operate and control your device. This mainboard by Velleman is a universal, easy to use and high quality controller that contains a collection of inputs, outputs and interfaces. This will allow you to construct your own custom device of your own design.
Is this mainboard easy to use?
This mainboard is compact in design, completely assembled, and also contains screw holes so that it can be mounted into your device as part of your design and build. Connections onto the mainboard are done through push-on connectors to allow setup to be quick and simple. Each terminal is labelled to allow you to connect the right part to the right port first time. The design of the connectors will ensure that the polarity is also correct first time to prevent damage.
Will I have control?
The USB interface on the mainboard will allow you to fully control your device through a USB port. The Velleman VM8201 standalone controller (order code A77UX) can also be used in certain designs to allow control without a PC. Stepper driver boards can also be used to micro-control your motors for even more precision.