Veracity VOR-ORM-XT Ethernet and PoE Extender
• Extend Your Ethernet or PoE Installation installation beyond its 100 Metre limit
• Easily fitted wherever a network extension is required, without need for a local power source
• Extends CAT5e, CAT6 or similar network connections to devices hat use Power over Ethernet such as IP cameras and wireless access points
• Can be located anywhere along the network cable, as long as no single length of cable is greater than 100 metres
• Compatible with IEEE 802.3af Universal PoE standard as well as PoE Plus and 4-pair PoE
• Contains IP66 rated connector covers that assemble around conventionally terminated CAT5e and CAT6 cablesPush your system further
Cable lengths in Ethernet networks are normally restricted to 100 metres, which can be a serious drawback in many installations. The Outreach Max XT allows you to overcome this restriction by slotting in between 2 cables and instantly doubling the maximum Ethernet range to 200 metres.
Simple to install
Fitting an Outreach Max XT is simple because no set-up is required. The only connections on the unit are two RJ45 network ports, both of which instantly self-configure for 10 or 100BASE-T operation. PoE power is automatically transferred between connected equipment, requiring no additional local power supply for operation. Outreach Max XT can be placed anywhere along the network cable, as long as no single length of cable is greater than 100 metres. For example, to extend the network connection between a POE switch and an IP camera to 130 metres, an Outreach Max could be installed 70 metres from the switch. A further 60 metres of cable would run from the Outreach Max XT to the camera.
Maximum POE Power
The Outreach Max XT lets you extend the range of all PoE devices that are compatible with IEEE 802.3af, which is the universal PoE standard for low power network devices such as fixed IP cameras. In addition to this, the Outreach Max XT is also compatible with high-power standards such as PoE Plus (IEEE 802.3at), and even "4-pair" PoE for devices that require 60 watts or more.
If you need to connect a PoE device in a network extended to beyond 200 metres, you can connect more than one Outreach Max XT in series. For example, if you need a 300 metre connection between a PoE switch and a 10W IP camera, this can be achieved by fitting two Outreach Max XT units at 100 metre intervals along the cable.
Designed to last
The Outreach Max XT is specifically designed to be used as part of an external installation. It has guaranteed operation over an extended temperature range so you wont have to worry about it turning off when it is too hot or too cold. The firm, streamlined enclosure has IP66 rated connector covers that assemble around your conventional CAT 5E and CAT 6 cables.
RJ45 network ports
Dimensions & Weight
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.