• A single vactrol for use in amplifiers or analogue synthesisers
• Uses an LED and LDR to control the resistance in a circuit
• 75 dB dynamic range and high dark resistance
• Fast response time – typically 2.5 msWhat is a vactrol?
A vactrol (or resistive opto-isolator) is an electrical component that consists of a light emitting diode (LED) and a light dependant resistor (LDR or photoresistor). When the voltage passes across the LED, the resistance of the LDR changes. This means that you can control the resistance in a circuit by altering the voltage to your vactrol’s LED.
What can I use this vactrol for?
Vactrols can be used in guitar amplifiers, analogue synthesisers and amateur (HAM) radio systems. As the input current increases, the output resistance decreases. The VTL5C3 has a good 75dB dynamic range and a low temperature coefficient of resistance. The VTL5C3 has a fast response time typically 2.5ms (maximum 35ms) with a small light history memory.
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.