WD 16TB My Cloud PR2100 Pro Series Media Server with Transcoding
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A76WF
Free delivery available keyboard_arrow_down
See full details of delivery Options
Click & Collect available keyboard_arrow_down
• Store all your files and media in one central location and access them remotely across your home or office network
• 16 TB of storage, divided between the included 3.5-inch hard drives, provides a sizeable amount of storage for all your files and media
• Schedule Mac and Windows-based computers to back up directly to the NAS drive using WD SmartWare Pro
• Quad-core Intel Pentium N3710 1.6GHz processor with 4GB DDR3L memory, which provides the power needed for the drive to be used as a multipurpose media server
• Use DLNA to stream HD content to multiple connected devices with applications such as Plex
• Control and monitor your NAS drive using the My Cloud OS 3 device manager
• Safe guard your media on the drive by using password protection with AES 256bit encryption
• Support for using RAID 0, 1 and JBOD spanning multiple configurations
• WD Sync allows you to access the NAS drive from any location and sync your data
• Applications like DropBox allow you to customise the way you use your My Cloud NAS drive
• Model number: WDBBCL0160JBK-EESNCan I use this drive as a media server?
The PR2100 series of MyCloud devices are DLNA certified and can be used as a central hub for all of your videos, music and images. The 1.6GHz Intel Pentium N3710 quad core processor, banded with 4GB of DDR3L memory, provides the power needed for the drive to be used to stream HD content to multiple supported devices.
Hardware transcoding ensures your media is prepared, prior to streaming through the Plex media server. This allows you to watch your media flawlessly without buffering. Enhance your media experience with images, metadata and descriptions with an easy to navigate interface when searching for your media on PC, Mac, smart TV or supported mobile device.
Am I able to use this drive with multiple computers?
Centralise your storage by attaching the PR2100 series of NAS drives to your home or office network, access information via a web browser using My Cloud.com or My Cloud mobile app across multiple desktop computers and supported mobile devices. To keep your information and media available for when you need it.
Can I use this NAS drive for backups?
Set automatic backups for your Windows or Apple Mac computer with WD SmartWare Pro for Windows and Apple’s own Time Machine program for Macs. Backups can be set to either save whole folders/all information on the computer, or to create backups only when changes have been made. This gives you the choice between a slower but more thorough backup and a quicker backup.
To make sure any backups are completely safe, a second copy (safe points) can be created and saved to an external location on your network. If the My Cloud device fails, alternative cloud based storage can be used, for example My Cloud or Dropbox. This allows you to customise how you want to store your data.
WD Sync software keeps any connected devices up to date with the latest version of files and media stored on your network. This provides a quick and effective solution for when it comes to accessing and saving information and media across multiple computers attached to your network.
Who can access this NAS Drive?
Using a networked hard drive and sharing data may seem like a daunting experience. The WD My Cloud PR2100 series of NAS drives can put your mind at ease by letting you know that your data is protected using a number of methods. Password protection, private folders and AES 256-bit encryption keep your data safe, when on the drive or in transit.
This allows you to share individual files, photos and videos, or allow whole folders to be shared across your network. Permissions can also be created to provide access to a select number of users, an ideal solution for allowing members of your family or working group to store information in a dedicated space on the drive.
Expandable USB Storage:
1 and JBOD
256 bit AES encryption
WD SmartWare Pro
Apple Time Machine
Maximum Number Of Hard Drives:
2 x 3.5 inch (1 per bay)
System Requirements & Software
System Requirements & Softwarekeyboard_arrow_down
Compatible Smart Device App:
Dimensions & Weight
Dimensions & Weightkeyboard_arrow_down
WD Smartware Pro
WD My Cloud for Android and iOS
PC Connection Type:
Intel Pentium N3710 1.6 GHz (Burst speed up to 2.56 GHz)