WD 1TB My Passport for Mac USB 3.0 portable Hard Drive - Black
• Designed to fit in the palm of your hand, with plenty of space for all your important files
• 1TB of total storage space lets you easily move large file types and multiple files
• USB 3.0 connection, compatible with USB 2.0
• Fully compatible with Apple Time Machine software to let you duplicate important data for safe keeping
• 256-Bit AES hardware encryption keeps your data secure from prying eyes
• Pre-formatted to work with Mac OS X
• Two-year manufacturer warranty
• Manufacturer part code: WDBFKF0010BBK-WESNHow much can I store on these drives?
The WD My Passport Portable USB 3.0 For Mac offers an ample 1TB (1,000GB) of data storage to take around with you. This is plenty of space for any on the go storage needs, and you can store up to*:
• 7.75 hours of 4K video at 30fps
• 33 hours of 1080p video at 30fps
• 250 two-hour DVD films
• 320,000 digital photos
• 16,300 hours of digital music
*All numbers are an approximation, file quality, length and size may effect total amount of data saved.
Can I back up my files using this hard drive?
The WD My Passport for Mac is fully compatible with the Apple Time Machine software. This lets you back up your data manually or set up a backup routine to automatically protect your photos, videos, music and documents .
How secure are these portable hard drives?
WD security ensures that all files saved to the WD My Passport are safe and secure from prying eyes. Create a personalised password unique to you and be safe in the knowledge that your files are protected with 256-bit hardware encryption. Should you misplace your drive somewhere, a ‘return if found’ prompt can be set to display a customised message and help the drive get back to you.
Easy to use portable storage
The WD My Passport Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive for Mac uses a driver-free installation and works instantly on Mac computers running Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite and El Captain. Simply connect the drive using the USB 3.0 connection and begin transferring files straight away. The drive can also be used with a USB 2.0 connection but at a reduced speed.
Dimensions & Weight
|Drive Form Factor
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.