• Designed to fit in the palm of your hand, with plenty of space for all your important files
• 1TB of total storage space lets you easily move large file types and multiple files
• USB 3.0 connection, compatible with USB 2.0
• WD My Backup software lets you duplicate important data for safe keeping
• 256-Bit AES hardware encryption keeps your data secure from prying eyes
• Driver free installation across Windows 7, 8 and 9 operating systems
• Reformatting required for use with Mac OS
• Two-year manufacturer warranty
• Manufacturer part number: WDBYNN0010BYL-WESNHow much can I store on these drives?
The WD My Passport Portable USB 3.0 Hard Drive offers an ample 1TB (1,000GB) of data storage to take around with you. This is plenty of space for any on the go storage needs, and you can store up to*:
• 7.75 hours of 4K video at 30fps
• 33 hours of 1080p video at 30fps
• 250 two-hour DVD films
• 320,000 digital photos
• 16,300 hours of digital music
*All numbers are an approximation – file quality, length and size may effect total amount of data saved.
Can I back up my files using this hard drive?
Included with the WD My Passport is the WD back up software, which protects your files against getting lost. You can manually run the software or create a schedule to automatically create a backup of your important files.
How secure are these portable hard drives?
WD security ensures that all files saved to the WD My Passport are safe and secure from prying eyes. Create a personalised password unique to you and be safe in the knowledge that your files are protected with 256-bit hardware encryption. Should you misplace your drive somewhere, a ‘return if found’ prompt can be set to display a customised message and help the drive get back to you.
Easy to use portable storage
The WD My Passport Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive uses a driver-free installation and works instantly on computers running Windows 7, 8 and 10. Simply connect the drive using the USB 3.0 connection and begin transferring files straight away. The drive can also be used with a USB 2.0 connection but at a reduced speed.
The WD My Passport can also be used with Mac operating systems, though a format will be required.