WD 24TB My Cloud PR4100 Pro Series Media Server with Transcoding
• Store all your files and media in one central location and access them remotely
• 24 TB of storage, divided across four bays into the included 3.5-inch hard drives, provides ample storage for all your files and media
• Schedule Mac and Windows-based computers to back up directly to the NAS drive using WD SmartWare Pro
• Quad-core Intel Pentium N3710 1.6GHz processor with 4GB DDR3L memory provides the power needed to use this drive as a HD media server
• Expandable memory, up to 16GB (2 x 8 DDR3L SO-DIMM) slots help to speed up the preparation of media files for fast streaming of content to supported devices
• DLNA certified to allow streaming of HD media to supported devices, using multiple applications such as Plex
• Use My Cloud 3 OS for a quick and easy setup, and monitor or control your PR4100 media server
• Safeguard your data with comprehensive security thanks to password protection and AES 256-Bit encryption
• Support for multiple operational modes such as RAID 0, 1, 5,10 or JBOD configurations
• Automatic backup of your system can be configured, whether you are using a Windows-based PC or a Mac running OS X
• Optional back up locations, back up to the drive or to a Cloud service like WD My Cloud or Dropbox
• WD Sync keeps connected devices up to date with the latest versions of files saved on your network
• Downloadable applications allows you to customise your user experience, install Plex, Dropbox, Milestone Arcus and more
• Model Number : WDBNFA0240KBK-EESNCan I use this drive as a media server?
The PR2100 series of My Cloud devices are DLNA certified and can be used as a central hub for all of your videos, music and images. The 1.6GHz Intel Pentium N3710 quad core processor, banded with 4GB of DDR3L memory, provides the power needed for the drive to be used to stream HD content to multiple supported devices.
Provide a boost to the PMR 4100 series by upgrading internal memory on the drive, two DDR3L SO-DIMM slots can allow for up to 16GB of expanded memory.
Hardware transcoding ensures your media is prepared, prior to streaming through the Plex media server. This allows you to watch your media flawlessly without buffering. Enhance your media experience with images, metadata and descriptions with an easy to navigate interface when searching for your media on PC, Mac, smart TV or supported mobile device.
Am I able to use this drive with multiple computers?
Centralise your storage by attaching the PR4100 series of NAS drives to your home or office network, access information via a web browser using My Cloud.com or the My Cloud mobile app across multiple desktop computers and supported mobile devices. This keeps your information and media available for when you need it.
Can I use this NAS drive for backups?
Set automatic backups for your Windows or Apple Mac computer with WD SmartWare Pro for Windows and Apple’s own Time Machine program for Macs. Backups can be set to either save whole folders/all information on the computer, or to create backups only when changes have been made. This gives you the choice between a slower but more thorough backup and a quicker backup.
To make sure any backups are completely safe, a second copy (safe points) can be created and saved to an external location on your network. If the My Cloud device fails, alternative cloud based storage can be used, for example My Cloud or Dropbox. This allows you to customise how you want to store your data.
WD Sync software keeps any connected devices up to date with the latest version of files and media stored on your network. This provides a quick and effective solution for when it comes to accessing and saving information and media across multiple computers attached to your network.
Who can access this NAS Drive?
Using a networked hard drive and sharing data may seem like a daunting experience. The WD My Cloud PR4100 series of NAS drives can put your mind at ease by letting you know that your data is protected using a number of methods.
Password protection, private folders and AES 256-bit encryption keep your data safe when on the drive or in transit. This allows you to share individual files, photos and videos, or allow whole folders to be shared across your network. Permissions can also be created to provide access to a select number of users, an ideal solution for allowing members of your family or working group to store information in a dedicated space on the drive.
|Expandable USB Storage
256 bit AES encryption
WD SmartWare Pro
Apple Time Machine
|Maximum Number Of Hard Drives
4 x 3.5 inch (1 per bay)
System Requirements & Software
|Compatible Smart Device App
Dimensions & Weight
WD Smartware Pro
WD My Cloud for Android and iOS
|PC Connection Type
Intel Pentium N3710 1.6 GHz (Burst speed up to 2.56 GHz)
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.