• Designed to fit in the palm of your hand, with plenty of space for all your important files
• 2TB of total storage space lets you easily move large file types and multiple files
• USB 3.0 connection, compatible with USB 2.0
• Fully compatible with Apple Time Machine software to let you duplicate important data for safe keeping
• 256-Bit AES hardware encryption keeps your data secure from prying eyes
• Pre-formatted to work with Mac OS X
• Two-year manufacturer warranty
• Manufacturer part code: WDBP6A0020BBK-WESNHow much can I store on these drives?
The WD My Passport Portable USB 3.0 For Mac offers an large 2TB (2,000GB) of data storage to take around with you. This is plenty of space for any on the go storage needs, and you can store up to*:
• 15.5 hours of 4K video at 30fps
• 66 hours of 1080p video at 30fps
• 500 two-hour DVD films
• 640,000 digital photos
• 32,600 hours of digital music
*All numbers are an approximation, file quality, length and size may effect total amount of data saved.
Can I back up my files using this hard drive?
The WD My Passport for Mac is fully compatible with the Apple Time Machine software. This lets you back up your data manually or set up a backup routine to automatically protect your photos, videos, music and documents .
How secure are these portable hard drives?
WD security ensures that all files saved to the WD My Passport are safe and secure from prying eyes. Create a personalised password unique to you and be safe in the knowledge that your files are protected with 256-bit hardware encryption. Should you misplace your drive somewhere, a ‘return if found’ prompt can be set to display a customised message and help the drive get back to you.
Easy to use portable storage
The WD My Passport Portable USB 3.0 External Hard Drive for Mac uses a driver-free installation and works instantly on Mac computers running Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite and El Captain. Simply connect the drive using the USB 3.0 connection and begin transferring files straight away. The drive can also be used with a USB 2.0 connection but at a reduced speed.