• Store your files and backups in a central location and have access to them remotely
• 3TB storage capacity gives you enough space for up to 960,000 digital pictures or 750 two-hour DVD films
• Automatically backup your Windows or Apple Mac computer
• Guard any files or backups made to the My Cloud from being unrecoverable by creating safe points
• DLNA and UPnP let you steam files to a smart TV, speaker or any other device that is DLNA and UPnP too
• Free up valuable space on your smart device, by backing pictures and videos via the Apple iOs and Android My Cloud app
• Using the My Cloud app, transfer files between Dropbox and other cloud servicesCentralise your media files and access them from anywhere
This WD My Cloud 3TB NAS drive (manufacturer’s code: WDBCTL0030HWT-EESN) lets you keep all your pictures, videos and music in a central place and access them anywhere in the world, without having to pay a monthly fee. A 3TB hard drive is pre-installed, giving you the storage space for up to 99 hours of 1080p video at 30fps, 750 two-hour DVD movies, 960,000 digital pictures or 49,800 hours of digital music. If extra space is needed in the future you can connect an external USB drive to the USB 3.0 port for an immediate boost.
What are some of the backups I can do with this NAS drive?
Set automatic backups for your Windows or Apple Mac computer with WD SmartWare Pro for Windows and Apple’s own Time Machine program for Macs. Backups can be set to either save whole folders/all information on the computer or to backup only when changes have been made. This gives you the choice between a slower but more thorough backup and a quicker backup.
To make sure any backups are completely safe, a second copy (safe points) can be created and saved to an external location on your network or on an attached USB drive. If the My Cloud device fails, the snap shot of settings and any backups made at the specific time the safe point was created allows you to easily recover your data.
What are some of the apps I can use with this?
The dedicated My Cloud app, which is available for Apple iOS and Android smart devices, lets you upload to and view files from your personal cloud anywhere. This helps to free up space on your smart devices, so you can install more apps and take more pictures and videos. You can also transfer files between your Dropbox account and the My Cloud through the My Cloud app, giving you the ability to integrate your public cloud account with your own private cloud.
Can I send files wirelessly to smart devices?
Stream your music/video collections or your travel pictures to a smart TV, media player, speaker, games console or any other DLNA or UPnP compatible device connected to the same network as the My Cloud. As My Cloud is DLNA and UPnP certified it can act as a server for each of these clients to access.
Can more than one person have access to this?
Multiple user accounts can be set up and given access to their own folder within the WD My Cloud. You could also give them access to shared folders too. This makes it great for anyone who wants to share the NAS with multiple employees or just with friends and family.