WD 4TB My Book Studio USB 3.0 Desktop External Hard Drive for Mac
• 4TB desktop hard drive gives you a huge storage capacity for all your documents, pictures and videos
• USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) connections can transfer up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, while the drive spins at 7,200rpm
• Perfect for storing all your valuable documents and pictures as a backup
• Formatted for use with Mac computers straight out of the box with Windows compatibility
• WDBHML0040HALWhat can I store on this hard drive?
This hard drive has 4TB (4,000GB) of storage, so you have plenty of space for your files. You can store up to 31 hours of 4K video at 30 fps, 132 hours of 1080p video at 30 fps, 1,000 two-hour DVD films, 1.28 million digital photos or 66,400 hours of digital music.
What makes this hard drive different?
This hard drive is pre-formatted to work with the Mac operating software which means it is ready to run straight out of the box. You can still use the hard drive with Windows and this will require formatting to NTFS or FAT32, which is explained within the enclosed instructions.
What difference does USB 3.0 make?
USB 3.0, when plugged into a USB 3.0 socket, can transfer data up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. However, this doesn’t mean you can’t use it with USB 2.0. This hard drive is backwards compatible, meaning you are able to use it with USB 2.0, without the need to update your computer. This means you spend less time waiting to ensure your documents, pictures and videos are safely stored on your external hard drive.
|| 135 mm x 48 mm x 165 mm
| Connection Type
|| USB 3.0
|| 4 TB
| Powered by
| Backup Options
|| Mac, Windows - with formatting
| Drive Form Factor
|| 3.5 Inch
| Data Transfer Speed
|| Manufacturer Not Specified
| Drive Spin Speed
|| 7200 rpm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.