WD 8TB My Book Thunderbolt Duo External Desktop Hard Drive
Price match guarantee
We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:0333 400 9500
Quoting product code: A57QB
About this product
- 8TB desktop hard drive gives you a massive storage capacity for all your documents, pictures and videos
- Thunderbolt (Gen1) connections can transfer up to two times faster than USB 3.0, while the drive spins at 7,200rpm
- Perfect for storing all your valuable documents and pictures as a backup
• 8TB desktop hard drive gives you a massive storage capacity for all your documents, pictures and videos
• Thunderbolt (Gen1) connections can transfer up to two times faster than USB 3.0, while the drive spins at 7,200rpm
• Perfect for storing all your valuable documents and pictures as a backup
• Daisy chain devices such as HD monitors and media plays through the dual Thunderbolt ports for nearly unlimited efficiency
• RAID 0/RAID 1 functions allow you to either enhance your system’s performance or automatically generate a duplicate copy of your data
• JBOD mode allows you to use the hard drive as two individual 4TB drives
• WDBUTV0080JSLWhat can I store on this hard drive?
This hard drive has 8TB (8,000 GB) of storage, so you have plenty of space to store your files. You can store up to 54.25 hours of 4K video at 30 fps, 264 hours of 1080p video at 30 fps, 2,000 two-hour DVD films, 2.56 million digital photos or 132,800 hours of digital music.
What makes this hard drive different?
The My Book Duo from WD comes as two 4TB hard drives that give you a total of 8TB of storage. The built-in RAID software allows you to change the function of what the hard drive can do, meaning you can make it perform in the best way for you. By choosing RAID 0 you can boost the speed and enhance your system performance and by choosing RAID 1 the hard drive will automatically generate a duplicate copy of your data. This ensures you will always have a spare copy if your original was corrupted along the way. By selecting JBOD mode (Just a Bunch of Disks), you can use the system as two individual drives and save to the two 4TB drives separately.
Does this only come as a Thunderbolt connection?
This particular model comes with the Thunderbolt connection. The speed of this connection is twice as fast as USB 3.0 and more than 20 times as fast as USB 2.0. That being said, this hard drive is only compatible with Mac based computers. However, the dual Thunderbolt ports allow you to daisy-chain your other Thunderbolt devices, such as HD monitors and media players, for almost unlimited workflow efficiency and productivity.
One Touch Backup Button:
Drive Form Factor: