WD 8TB My Book USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive with Auto Backup Software - Black
• Trusted high capacity desktop storage with a re-imagined design
• A mammoth 8TB capacity lets you easily store a large number of photos, videos, music and documents
• USB 3.0 connection, compatible with USB 2.0
• Automatic backup using WD My Backup or Apple Time Machine
• Password protection using 256-bit AES hardware encryption keeps your data secure from prying eyes
• exFAT formatted to provide out the box compatibility with Windows or Mac operating systems
• Two-year manufacturer warranty
• Manufacturer part number : WDBBGB0080HBK-EESNHow much can I store on these drives?
The WD My Book series of desktop hard drives is a perfect solution for storing large amounts of personal data in a central location, whether at home or in the office. This drive has a total capacity of 8TB (8,000GB), which is plenty of space for storing up to*:
• 62 hours of 4K video at 30fps
• 264 hours of 1080p video at 30fps
• 2,000 two-hour DVD films
• 2.5 Million digital photos
• 130,400 hours of digital music
*All numbers are an approximation – file quality, length and size may effect total amount of data saved.
Can I back up my files using this hard drive?
Included with the WD My Book is the WD backup software, which protects your files against getting lost. You can manually run the software or create a schedule to automatically create a backup of your important files. The WD My Book is also fully compatible with Apple Time Machine, so you can also create backups with a Mac operating system.
How secure are these portable hard drives?
WD security ensures that all files saved to the WD My Book are safe and secure from prying eyes. Create a personalised password unique to you and be safe in the knowledge that your files are protected with 256-bit hardware encryption.
Easy to use portable storage
The WD My Book USB 3.0 Desktop Hard Drive uses an exFAT file system. This means that the drive is compatible with Windows and Mac operating systems straight from the box, without the need for re-formatting or any additional software.
Re-formatting may be required for use with other operating systems.
Dimensions & Weight
|Drive Form Factor
Desktop External Hard Drive
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.