• 8TB desktop hard drive gives you a high storage capacity for all your documents, pictures and videos
• USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) connections can transfer up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, while the drive spins at 7,200RPM
• Perfect for storing all your valuable documents and pictures as a backup
• Password protection with hardware encryption gives you peace of mind about security
• Manufacturer part number: WDBFJK0080HBK-EESNWhat can I store on this hard drive?
This hard drive has 8TB (8,000GB) of storage, so you have plenty of space for your files. You can store up to 62 hours of 4K video at 30fps, 264 hours of 1080p video at 30fps, 2,000 two-hour DVD films, 2.56 million digital photos or 132,800 hours of digital music.
What makes this hard drive different?
This hard drive includes password protection with hardware encryption. By setting a password, you can be safe in the knowledge that your data is safe. You can also set your hard drive to unlock automatically when you plug it in to your own computer. WD Backup software provides file-system backup, so you can select the specific files and folders you want copied to your My Book. With Acronis True Image software, you'll have system-level backup to create a clone of your entire computer, saving not only your files, but your operating system and installed programs as well.
What difference does USB 3.0 make?
USB 3.0, when plugged into a USB 3.0 socket, can transfer data up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0. However, this doesn't mean you can't use it with USB 2.0. This hard drive is backwards compatible, meaning you can use it with USB 2.0 without needing to update the computer. This means you will spend less time waiting to ensure your documents, pictures and videos are safely stored on your external hard drive.