• 3TB portable wireless hard drive that gives you large capacity storage for all your documents, images, music and videos
• Using AC wireless frequencies, data can be retrieved and sent to the hard drive quickly without the need of cables
• Built-in SD 3.0 card reader allows for fast media transfers
• 10 hour "all day" battery life keeps the hard drive powered for when you need it
• The hard drive can be used as a power bank for portable devices that charge via USB
• USB 3.0 provides a fast connection when used with a cable
• Capable of transferring data to and from USB flash drives, by means of a USB 2.0 port
• Plex media server allows you to organise and stream your media from this hard drive
• My Cloud app give you wireless access to the drive from Android and iOS portable devices
• Manufacturer part number: WDBSMT0030BBK-EESNWhat can I store on this hard drive?
This hard drive has 3TB (3,000GB) of storage, so you have plenty of space for your files. You can store up to an estimated 23 hours of 4K video at 30fps, 99 hours of 1080p video at 30fps, 1,000 two-hour DVD films, 1.2 million digital photos or 66,000 hours of digital music. This media can be held on the drive and streamed to up to eight devices simultaneously by using the internal Plex media server feature and setting the drive up as a Dual Band Wi-Fi hub to create a Wi-Fi hotspot.
What makes this hard drive different?
The WD My Passport Pro is a wireless storage device that features a built-in rechargeable battery. Not only does this mean that the drive is completely portable, it also means you can connect wirelessly and transfer data without the need of a cable. The rechargeable battery keeps the drive operational for up to 10 hours*. Further to this the WD My Passport Wireless Pro can be used as a 6,500mAh power bank. This allows you to recharge your phones through a USB 2.0 port built into the hard drive.
*Actual battery life depends on file size, type, format, bitrate, devices connected, Wi-Fi connectivity, settings.
What other connection options do I have?
Connect to the hard drive using AC wireless with support for up to 433Mb wireless transfers or attach the drive to a USB 3.0 port to allow for a data transfer rate of up to 800Mbps via the included USB 3.0 cable.
The WD 3TB My Passport Pro also features an SD 3.0 memory card reader, allowing you to quickly transfer data from the likes of a digital camera. This allows you to film longer without the need for additional memory cards. The USB 2.0 port not only works as a charging point for portable devices, but allows you to transfer data directly to the drive using a compatible USB flash drive.
Chain wireless storage devices together and access content via desktop computers, wireless tablets and portable devices such as laptops and mobile phones using the My Cloud application.