WD USB 3.0 500GB My Passport for Mac Portable Hard Drive
• 500GB portable hard drive gives you enough storage capacity for all your documents, pictures and videos
• USB 3.0 (SuperSpeed) connections can transfer up to 10 times faster than USB 2.0, while the drive spins at 5,400rpm
• Perfect for storing all your valuable documents and pictures as a backup
• WD Security allows you to password protect your hard drive to prevent unauthorised use
• USB powered and small enough to fit in your hand makes this a great portable drive
• Manufacturer part number: WDBLUZ5000ASLWhat can I store on this hard drive?
This hard drive has 500GB of storage, giving you plenty of space for your files. You can store up to 500 hours of standard digital video, 125 two-hour DVD films, 160,000 digital photos or 8,330 hours of digital music.
Why should I choose a portable drive?
The portable drive is great if you are constantly on the move or you need a space saving design. As it’s powered by USB you can connect it to any computer or newer smart TV with a USB port.
Can I use this hard drive with Windows?
Although this hard drive is pre-formatted for Mac based operating systems, you are able to reformat it to work with Windows as well.
How does the WD Security protect my files?
WD Security allows you to password protect your hard drive as well as encrypting your hardware. This prevents unauthorised users from gaining access to your hard drive and in turn accessing your documents, pictures and videos.
|| 111 mm x 82 mm x 15 mm
| Connection Type
|| USB 3.0
|| 500 GB
| Powered by
|| USB 5V
| Backup Options
|| Mac, Windows - with formatting
| Drive Form Factor
|| 2.5 Inch
| Data Transfer Speed
|| Manufacturer Not Specified
| Drive Spin Speed
|| 5400 rpm
Why not tell us and our B2B sales team about your specific business needs and expectations?
At Maplin, we’re always looking for innovations and technology that can help your business work more efficiently.
With a dedicated business team and special services available only to business customers, you can access our electronics and technology solutions through our wide network of over 200 stores, our website with more than 20,000 products or though your personal account manager over the phone.
Working with organisations for nearly 30 years, Maplin offers a nationwide range of benefits to our business users:
- 30 day EOM credit account
- volume discount pricing
- online and in-store use of account
- one-to-one account management
- bespoke product sourcing and branding
- free delivery on orders over £10
- scheduled and forward ordering service
Contact our business team on
0333 400 9740 to open an account or discuss your business needs.
To receive your free copy of the Maplin Catalogue just call 0333 400 9740.