• Make a wind powered generator with a moving biker
• Light a red LED from the power of the wind that will fit on your child’s bike handlebars
• Learn about renewable wind energy and dynamos
• Have fun creating this kit out of 46 parts
• Suitable for ages 10+ with supervision
• No batteries required as it creates its own powerWhat can I make with this kit?
Create this fun bike rider that powers itself as you ride. Discover the power the wind generates as you power a LED and help the jointed biker move. The generator can be fixed onto a bicycle handlebars 32mm or less in diameter – the faster you ride, the more he moves. Have fun building this wind generator (21-630) from 46 parts. No glue, batteries or soldering is required but a small screwdriver and diagonal cutters (recommended Order Code A20QW ) may be needed.
What can I learn from this kit?
Wind power has been used since ancient times in sailing ships and windmills, where wind turns the blades which a generator converts into electricity. The faster the blades turn, the more energy can be produced. By using this kit, children can learn about the technology that is used by windfarms to produce electricity for houses, schools and businesses.