World to 3-Pin USA Travel Adapter with USB

Price match guranteePrice match guarantee

We can price match this item if found elsewhere. Call us on:

0333 400 9500

Quoting product code: A99WJ


Our delivery options

Free standard delivery (orders over £10)
3-5 working days 9am-5pm
Standard delivery (orders under £10)
3-5 working days 9am-5pm
Next day delivery
Mon - Fri, order by 6pm
From £5.99
Specific day/time delivery
Choose am / pm OR before 9am / 10.30am
From £5.99

Specific options for this product are available in the checkout. Read more delivery information

About this product


  • Universal socket to 3-pin USA plug
  • Earthed travel adapter and USB charger in one
  • Two- and three-pole compatibility

Product overview

• Universal socket to 3-pin USA plug
• Earthed travel adapter and USB charger in one
• Two- and three-pole compatibility

What is this travel adapter?
This travel adapter allows travellers from all over the world to safely power and charge all of their two- and three-pole devices, as well as USB devices. You can use the adapter in any USA or USA-standard country. The adapter features a 2.1A USB port to allow for faster charging of USB devices. It has a patented safety mechanism built-in, guaranteeing that the user does not accidentally plug in two plugs at the same time. The adapter is fully compliant with the highest IEC standards.

What devices can I plug into this travel adapter?
The adapter is compatible with both two- and three-pole devices. Two-pole devices are unearthed devices - examples of these are cameras, shavers, PlayStations, camcorders, hair straighteners, electric toothbrushes and chargers for portable games consoles. Three-pole devices are earthed devices such as laptops and hair dryers. This adapter has a universal socket, which is compatible with USA, UK, AUS, IT, CH, and EU (Schuko) plugs.

What countries can I use the adapter in?
The adapter is suitable for use in the USA or any USA-Standard country: American Samoa*, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize*, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guam, Guatemala, Guyana*, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Jordan*, Lao People's Democratic Republic*, Lebanon*, Liberia*, Mexico, Micronesia (Federated States of), Montserrat*, Netherlands Antilles*, Nicaragua, Niger*, Palau, Panama, Peru, Philippines (Rep. of the), Puerto Rico, Saint Kitts and Nevis*, Saudi Arabia*, Taiwan, Thailand*, Trinidad and Tobago, Turkmenistan, Turks and Caicos Islands, United States Virgin Islands, United States of America, and Venezuela.

*- Please note that this country may use more than one type of plug/socket, please ensure you check which adapter you may need before travelling.

Do I need a voltage converter as well? As I have heard they have a lower voltage than the UK. I am going to Mexico and need an adapter for my phone charger.

Asked by: Mo0809
You will need to check the input voltage of your phone charger , usually modern equipment has an input voltage of 110-240v , which means its a smart charger (auto sensing), it would then just require a travel adapter , like this one.
Answered by: Neil G
Date published: 2018-02-01

can i use my camera canon powershot and my ghd hair s with this plug in ny

Asked by: diane
If the devices accept voltages of 110-240V then this would be fine. Please check your devices before using them with this item as this is NOT a voltage converter.
Answered by: Dale
Date published: 2017-07-24

Off to USA from the UK. this one has 2 flat and 1 round pins so how does that fit USA plugs.

Asked by: JohnB1
The image is just for display the product you get would work.
Answered by: Dominic
Date published: 2016-10-21
  • y_2018, m_3, d_18, h_5CST
  • bvseo_bulk, prod_bvqa, vn_bulk_2.0.7
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_3
  • loc_en_GB, sid_A99WJ, prod, sort_[SortEntry(order=LAST_APPROVED_ANSWER_SUBMISSION_TIME, direction=DESCENDING)]
  • clientName_maplin-en_gb