• High quality natural coloured PLA 3D printer filament
• 1.75mm diameter filament for the da Vinci 1.0, 2.0 Duo, 1.0 AiO and 1.1 3D printers
• PLA is a biodegradable plastic which does not require a heated plate and has a glossy finish
• 600g/240 m of filament
• Exclusive cartridge for the da Vinci series
• Intelligence chipped cartridge lets your da Vinci printer know exactly how much filament is left as well as other useful informationWhat printers is this filament compatible with?
The 1.75mm PLA da Vinci filament is in a propriety cartridge that is designed to be quick and easily loaded into the da Vinci series of printers including the da Vinci 1.0A, 2.0 Duo, 1.0 AiO and 1.1. The filament comes in a rectangular cartridge 175mm by 235mm with a carry handle and a chip on the bottom which connects to the printer. The da Vinci 1.0 and 2.0 Duo do require a change of nozzle to use PLA.
Why use this filament?
Perfect for medium to large sized projects the cartridge contains 600g of PLA translucent natural coloured filament.
PLA is a biodegradable plastic with a lower melting point than ABS. As it is derived from sugar it gives of a semi-sweet smell as it prints. PLA can give better acute angles and has stronger binding between layers.
The alternative ABS has a higher melting point so is better for use at higher temperatures. ABS creates prints with more of a flex than PLA and can be machined more easily.
Check your printer for its filament compatibilities
Always know how much filament you have left
Each cartridge has a chip on the bottom that can be read by your da Vinci 3D printer. The chip tells you what type of filament is loaded and how much is left in the container. Stop worrying about running out of filament during a print with the chipped cartridges keeping track. The chip is only compatible with the da Vinci series of 3D printers not including the da Vinci Junior.